• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm Scythe SFF21E S-FLEX™ Case Fans? (49 CFM/20.1 dBA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm more interested in Quiet Watercooling than anything else.

Current Planned Rig:

Antec Performance I P180 Case
Intel D 940 3.2Ghz Dual Core
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT
ASUS P5WD2-E Premium Mainboard
Antec Phantom 500 PSU
PowerColor T55E-P03 Theater 550 PRO Tuner
CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin Unbuffered DDR2 800
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
BenQ DW1655 16X Double Layer DVD±RW w/ LightScribe
(2) Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB SATA 3Gb/s Hard Drives

Cooling:
Thermochill PA120.3
Swiftech MCP655 Pump
T-line Resevior * Drain
Swiftech Storm CPU Block
Danger Den ATI-X19 GPU Block
Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2" ID
EngineICE Propylene Glycol Coolant.

Trying to pick out some quiet and reliable fans... picked the 120.3 radiator just for the sheer # of fans I can run slowly on it to cool effectively at low CFMs.

Fluid Dynamic Bearing fans at 20 dB with 49CFM and 150,000 MTBF seems pretty amazing. Hoping that someone has tried or reviewed these.

Petra's Tech is the local shop i go to since it like 5 mins from where i live (yes i am fortunate). i asked the guy about the specs on this fan ( i didnt believe it) and he oferred to turn it on in comparison with a Nexus.

the Nexus fan is actually still quieter then this fan, but barely. The Sflex fan is basically the same noise level, with a tiny bit more of a pitch, both are really silent. However, the sflex fan pushes more air than the nexus. I mean i have no real data to back it up, but with a simple hand test i felt noticibly more flow with the sflex fan. I would buy one but i already own a nexus.....

i would use these for my case fans and heatsink if i went aircooling, but for radiator, how bout the higher speed version that blows 60+ CFM since the radiator is somewhat restrictive. Didnt get to hear this one so i have no idea how loud it is. Also, with these fluid bearings, are these fan ok to undervolt?

I was thinking of maybe getting 63CFM version for my PA120.3. I was looking at a Coolermaster AAF-B12-E1, but every place I have looked is sold out.

im not sure, but i think that cooler master fan as been discontinued. If you want to stick to aluminum, i think Evercool makes one that people used to recommend before. Well if i need any more parts, ill go down to PTS and at the same time ask them to hook up the 63.7 CFM version but that might take some time as i have no reason to go there right now....Well, if the low speed one is any indication, this fan to me is pretty decent, if anyone buys the higher speed fan, let us know what you think of it.

I haven't seen those fans before. They look great for quiet case fans, although I might have a hard time spending $15 per fan when Jab-tech has yate loon D12SL-12 fans for $5.95 ea. I like you like quiet.

Back