• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this case adequate? [ThermalTake Tsunami]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, I am looking at a new case, because my Chieftec full size dragon tower is getting old, and I am tired of the sheer size and weight of it (its gotta be at least 50lbs, plus being full steel...)

I was thinking of the ThermalTake Tsunami, but wanted others opinions of if it would work in the basis of room. I have a CPU wb, GPU wb, 1x120MM Rad (though I might move up to a 2x), and im looking at the swiftech MCP655 pump to replace my Eheim 1250.

Only 1 hdd, and 1 dvd drive, and I plan on top mounting the Rad (inside top of case)

Midnight Dream said:
Yes, im only looking to use 1 pump, but would the MCP655 on a lower setting (for sound reduction) be enough for my system?

My MCP655 is on the highest setting, I can't hear it over my harddrives. There is a highpitched whine, but you'd have to be about 6 inches away from the pump with a empty toilet paper roll to hear it. It's a great pump, I'm running it with a Storm, Maze4, and a Dual Heatercore, does just fine.

I have the Tsunami Dream (black) and I managed to fit this in it:

Full sized ATX MB (MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum)
TDX cpu block
Maze 4 gpu block
MCP 600 pump
Chevete heatercore with a shroud and 120mm Panaflow 103cfm fan
3 Hard drives (250GB, 120GB, and a 30GB) the 250 has an HD cooler on it
DVD RW
OCZ 520W powersupply
x800xl gfx card
Wireless G PCI card

tsunami8nj.jpg

It's a little crowded and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fit a BIX2 or BIX3 in it without cutting the HD and floppy bay out. (Although I'd love the 120.2 or 120.3, but they are way too long for me to consider as well as a bit pricey.)

Oh, atm, I've got the stock cooler on my gfx card, so no maze4 on the gpu. I took it off so that a friend could see how it would affect his core's OC. I'm planning on upgrading radiators soon so I'm going to reinstall the maze4 when I decide what to go with. Hopes this helps you "visualize" how things will fit in the case. :) :D

Midnight Dream said:
It does indeed. Thank you :)

No problem. I look for stuff like that all the time and I can never find any pics to help me see what it would look like, just people saying, "yup it should work, etc."

I'm going to post pics of my setup when I get my new rad. I might go for an external mount, but I want it to look professional and relatively unique so I'm going to have to plan it pretty well. I figure while I have my system apart, it would be a good time to go ahead and volt mod my x800xl, so I'll probably have pics and benches of that process too. :D

Back