• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-lines users question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maviryk

How many of ya'll have switched to an inline reservior after using a T-line? The reason I ask is in my case there is a perfect place for a Swiftech MicroRes in my system right next to the hard drives;

wipside1tz.jpg

Not sure how much of a performance hit I would take though. Thoughts and ideas? Usually I wouldn't even think about a reservoir unless my pump is submerged, but it would do wonders for my case aesthetics.

I'd rule in the favor of a bigger case before going to a res.

Looks alittle bit cramped in there as-is, and you need more room for a res than you do for a t-line. ;)

Actually, no I don't. This case is just really well designed and utilizes a lot of space. All the HDs are actively cooled. IMHO it is better than a CM Stacker. There are actually 2 inches of clearance between the hard drive bay and the side panel, which would be perfect for the Swiftech Microres which measures 1.5"x3"x4".

But that's besides the point of this thread... anyone switch back to a Res after goin T-line?

I started with a res first, and then went to using 2 t-lines, but have made my own res and used it for about the last 7 months. I just didn't like that it seemed to take forever for all of the air to work out of the system with a t-line, and filling was a pain. I find filling with a res to be easier.

When I switched from my res to a T-line I went from 39c idle to 33c idle and load temps stayed below 39c. Those were the temps on my A64 3400+.

voigts said:
I started with a res first, and then went to using 2 t-lines, but have made my own res and used it for about the last 7 months. I just didn't like that it seemed to take forever for all of the air to work out of the system with a t-line, and filling was a pain. I find filling with a res to be easier.

It's much faster if you fill the loop initially with pure water, bleed it, and then add the other stuff.

Back