• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling an x1900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyisc00l

whats the best VGA full coverage Water block for an ati x1900 xt?

and a really good radiator for a water system

The black ice pro is the route to take if you're wanting quietness. But for performance BIX would be the one to get.

I'd like to oc just about as far as it can go..2.4ghzX2 when I get it, so I figure a black ice xtreme with 3 fans blowing 40 cfm would be good? correct? how many cfm would be ample, for say, like over 3.0ghz with a Astek Water Chill pump? (and im thinkin this is the best readiator to purchase, right?)

theres no power to a radiator is there...? im kind of an idiot, and...how loud is this radiotaor

LOL, it’s just the turbulence of air moving through it that makes a noise. Some are designed for smother air flow. I like the Thermochill 120.x PE, for both airflow and performance

radiators dont take power. the way a radiator works is the water passes through the rad and goes through lines in there. your fans are mounted so they can blow the hot air off of the lines, in turn cooling the water to about room temp. 40cfm, IMO is not enough flow for a good setup. ideally, you would like to get about 100+cfm at some decently low rpms like 1500 or so. for example, my big typhoon produces like 65cfm at 1400rpms. you will need power to power the fans, but the radiator only hooks up to water lines, no power is needed. hope this helped.

Back