• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D'ya think this is hurting my temps :p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
at first i thought that was ice, then i realized it was dirty. wow. looks like my old coputer, after never being cleaned for 4 years.

OH MY!!!! How does someone care enough about their computer to spend all that money to setup a WC solution, and then hinder its cooling ability by disregarding basic maintenance?!?!?!

Well, look at it this way.

Better the dust be on the outside of the rad than inside the case on the rest of the components. :rolleyes:

BTW :welcome: to the forums!

HelpMe said:
OH MY!!!! How does someone care enough about their computer to spend all that money to setup a WC solution, and then hinder its cooling ability by disregarding basic maintenance?!?!?!
ehh.. I did the same thing. I just brushed the dust off with a cheap paintbrush. lol. I honestly could care less about my temps now... as long as the computer runs and it's QUIET, I'm happy. The dust did cause it to be louder though.

As for the temps, I find I can run just barely 100mhz faster with the fan cranked (and we're talking louder than my old 60mm Tornado here) vs almost inaudible. I am currently working on a passive radiator made out of 25ft of 1/2" copper pipe :)

otogrim said:
man how long did you go without cleaning that thing
I'm guessing over a year. It took me a year and a half to get that much dust in my rig. Then again, my neighbor's aircooled system looks like after a month. lol. I guess that's what a tornado does to your system.

It was probably less than a year but I had some building work done which hasn't helped. No excuses though. I used a vaccum cleaner and just sucked the dust out from the front. Seemed to work OK.

Thanks for your comments, especially the 'old man' references. I was out with a girl last night who pointed out I was only two years younger than her Dad :eek:

Millzee said:
Thanks for your comments, especially the 'old man' references. I was out with a girl last night who pointed out I was only two years younger than her Dad :eek:

Cant be that much of a problem if she was out with you ;)
As long as she doesnt call you dad or gramps in the sack i dont see it as potentially harmful to your sexlife :p

Back