• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is anyone running dual 655s or DD5s ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glasslicker

Is anyone running dual 655s or D5s ?

Wondering if anyone is running dual pumps? One for CPU,NB and other dedicated to driving water for dual SLI. I have heard some speculate that cost doesnt justify reduction in temps; however, I can't find anyone that's done it. It's always, " I know I guy that knows a guy, who's wife gets her nails done by a woman who's step brother's friend tried it once."

Then I guess the question is dual Radiators ? Wooo, starting to get dizzy now.:burn:

Last edited:
seems like wiht all that complication why not run 2 loops with a common resavore?

So you are running in series ?

Single res. sounds interesting as well.

Trying to figure this out in my pea brain.

Y at res to each pump. Through their respective loops then reverse Y back into rad ?

I run them in series. all one loop. Temps are good enough for me since I don't oc. I be 35 idle 40 load on gpus, 20-21 idle 27 load on cpu and 35 idle 42 load on nb.

glasslicker said:
So you are running in series ?

Single res. sounds interesting as well.

Trying to figure this out in my pea brain.

Y at res to each pump. Through their respective loops then reverse Y back into rad ?
i was thinking a res with 2 outlets and 2 inlets. using a Y would resirict the flow too much i think. i just think if your gonan go threw the trouble of 2 pumps and 2 radiotors, it woudl be easier to plumb if you didn't have to worry about integrating them into each other.

my054runner said:
I run them in series. all one loop. Temps are good enough for me since I don't oc. I be 35 idle 40 load on gpus, 20-21 idle 27 load on cpu and 35 idle 42 load on nb.

Daang nice temps.

**raises hand**

nwc2.jpg

personally if i was running CPU, SLI, plus chipset blocks, then i'd use 2 pumps, especially if you're using a triple rad and/or have a restrictive cpu block (eg: storm)

The setup I am currently setting up will be using 2 pumps in series. I have a big rad and big loop to push it through. Not to mention gives me redunancy in case one of the pumps should fail. Running a WCed SLI setup is more then enough reason to run a second pump in series just in case. Like buying a good PSU. Except normally if the PSU fails it just shuts off and you may lose something. If the pump fails and you keep running you will lose whatever is not being cooled.

built more than 1 rig with seperate loops and the OC on the cards got higher than with them in a single loop on at least 2 of the builds. the problem was cost of not only second pumps but also extra rad

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

It sounds like I can run dual pumps, single loop,BIX3, and will be fine.

Ditching HD and ram cooling after much advice.

I love this site. So many people willing to share info. Thanks again.

just as an FYI, I run my loop pump1-->pump2-->gpu2-->gpu1-->rad-->cpu-->NB-->pump1. That was easiest tubing route and my temps are lovely. Enjoy.

Extra pickles is that a shroud on each side before the fans? If so does that help with the cooling??

Back