• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Suggestions for Q-PAck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mdogs444

Hey guys, im a long time OC'er but this will be my first WC setup. I recently switched from a full tower Silverstone to a Aspire Q-Pack because i want something small. THe rig is in my sig right now. Can someone suggest to me what I can buy for this SFF setup? I sold my 7800 and switched to a 6800GS. Id like to cool the CPU & Vid card, but space save as well. Money isnt really a problem, but affordability and value/dollar is always looked at!

Thanks everyone for their help!

Alright... I did this my self, and I’m actually adding a chiller to mine, so I may be able to help you out. You'll probably want a Lang DDC (Swiftech 350, ect) for you pump, and the Swfitech Micro Res if you don’t want to use one of your bays. I'd suggest trying to mod the pump, because it helps performance ALOT. Plan on using 3/8" tubing (what this pump is designed for) because there is precious little space in this case.

You blocks on your CPU and GPU, well, it's whatever you like. Danger Den, or Swiftech. Personally I went with Swiftech gear.

Then we get to the fun part... The radiator! Here, there are a LOT of ways to do it. If you don’t mind hanging something off the top or side of your case, you can throw a dual 120mm rad on it (If you got the cash, a pa120.2). If you want to keep things compact, then you'll probably want to hang it off the back fan. Just mount a 120mm (or 160mm) there, with the tubes running through holes in the MB tray. Again, if you have the cash put a PA 120.1 or PA 160 here. If you don’t, it just depends on the noise level you want....

A few people has also put 80MM's up front. It helps, but isnt necessary.

On last thing... In a X-Qpack, COOLSLEVES ARE REQUIRED. There is just no room to not use them.

Hopes this helps.

sir_pyro said:
Alright... I did this my self, and I’m actually adding a chiller to mine, so I may be able to help you out. You'll probably want a Lang DDC (Swiftech 350, ect) for you pump, and the Swfitech Micro Res if you don’t want to use one of your bays. I'd suggest trying to mod the pump, because it helps performance ALOT. Plan on using 3/8" tubing (what this pump is designed for) because there is precious little space in this case.

You blocks on your CPU and GPU, well, it's whatever you like. Danger Den, or Swiftech. Personally I went with Swiftech gear.

Then we get to the fun part... The radiator! Here, there are a LOT of ways to do it. If you don’t mind hanging something off the top or side of your case, you can throw a dual 120mm rad on it (If you got the cash, a pa120.2). If you want to keep things compact, then you'll probably want to hang it off the back fan. Just mount a 120mm (or 160mm) there, with the tubes running through holes in the MB tray. Again, if you have the cash put a PA 120.1 or PA 160 here. If you don’t, it just depends on the noise level you want....

A few people has also put 80MM's up front. It helps, but isnt necessary.

On last thing... In a X-Qpack, COOLSLEVES ARE REQUIRED. There is just no room to not use them.

Hopes this helps.

Thanks sir pyro, i went ahead and order the pa120.2, swiftech 350, and a DD cpu & gpu block, 3/8" tubing etc. As for the Res, i got a clear single 5.25" bay res, hopefully it'll look cool. Havent figured out how to mount everything yet, but i guess thats where i fun comes in! Im sure my PSU will be enough to hand the pump too as i dont run much off of it!

THanks for all the help guys.

And Sir Pyro, if you have pics that would be awesome to give me an idea of what to do and how you have the cycle running...

THanks again!

56k death...

I never got around to putting paintshop on this computer, so good luck any one on a modem!

Here we go...
qpack_1.JPG

qpack_2.JPG

qpack_3.JPG

qpack_4.JPG

qpack_5.JPG

qpack_6.JPG

Holy Wires Batman! I've already modded (or destroyed as some may say) by getting rid of the wires i dont need on my PSU. No big deal if i need another later, ill just use the OCZ520 i have sitting in the box here.

It's a modular PSU... All of those wires are actually being used for something. And they also happen to all be clumped at that corner next to the pump. I actually made most of my own wiresing for it, to make sure the parts got the juce they needed.

that is hooooot. Making me want a Xqpack so bad now... I wonder though if there woudlnt be enough room on the right side for a dual rad if you put the hard drive in the floppy bay. I Want to do one of these projects probably on my next pc.
What psu are you using, would a modstream fit with a shorty dvd installed?

With any thing other then a BIP and 15mm high fans, I dont think you can fit a dule rad INSIDE the case... At least with out taking out the PSU, drive trays, or something of that type. The best I've seen was some one got a single BIX inside of it, and he did some crazy stuff to make it fit in there! You're best bet is to mount it externally with the fans inside if you can. Otherwise, you MIGTH be abel to cram a dule 80 in the frount or side. The case is just not set up all that well for WC'ing the thing, but a lot of us do it any way.

Back