• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bender222

Registered
I am running a system composed of a pa160/storm/bip2/maze4/and a single d5. at the moment the maze 4 block is just dangling in the case while i use a spare videocard but the cpu is still attached. i turned all of the fans off and i am running prime95 to get a load temp of 47 celsius on my newcastle. I left the pump running but this is just crazy, even with no fans my proccesor never excedes 50 celsius! i have left it like this for atleast 30 minutes and the temps are holding steady at 50 celsius. this must be good right? or is this normal?

When i used to run a BIXIII, I had it mounted onto the rear of my case. I had a problem once with the fan wiring and all of my rad fans cut off. I had six fans wired push/pull together on a rheostat, and there was a connector not making contact well that lost contact. I only found a 10c difference between fans vs no fans. The processor was at 50c with no fans at all, although that was not while running prime 95.

i was inspired by pwnt by pat and how he installed rads in his pc7. i opted for two radiators because i was going to cool the video aswell and i wanted to use undervolted yate loons on it . i just turned them off so i could hold a high temp for a while to let my as5 distribute itself. I just expected extremely high temps without fans (think meltdown) i am trying to tweak my cooling loop the best i can.

Back