• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sidewinder, Do They Typically Suck This Bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kilyin

Sidewinder Service

I ordered a tube of Arctic Ceramique on Feb 3rd. It's now Feb 6th and my order hasn't even been processed. I used Paypal so there's really nothing for them to "process".

I don't know what the holdup is, but it's ****ing me off. I try to call them and see what's up, I get a voicemail filled to the gills with messages. I email them, I get no response. Is this typically how Sidewinder operates? Because you can be sure I will never order anything else from these clowns if it is.

At this point I would just cancel the order, but of course that's not even an option on their website, and good luck speaking to a human being.

Last edited:
Kilyin said:
I ordered a tube of Arctic Ceramique on Feb 3rd. It's now Feb 6th and my order hasn't even been processed. I used Paypal so there's really nothing for them to "process".

I don't know what the holdup is, but it's ****ing me off. I try to call them and see what's up, I get a voicemail filled to the gills with messages. I email them, I get no response. Is this typically how Sidewinder operates? Because you can be sure I will never order anything else from these clowns if it is.

At this point I would just cancel the order, but of course that's not even an option on their website, and good luck speaking to a human being.

NO

sidewinder is AWESOME !! there so fast usually. Garry is probably real busy and overwhelmed or something may have happened.

He always responds to my emails quick and always great to talk to on the phone.

This is very unusual for sidewinder...

I second that they are usually just great! Must be a mixup because they have been taking care of me for years, and well.

Interesting. I had only heard good things about them or I wouldn't have ordered from them. I'll try to call 'em back and see if someone actually answers this time.

Well I can assure you it's happening. Still can't get anyone to answer the phone either. Oh well, guess I get to play the "Hurry up and wait" game.

You're being way too impatient. You ordered on February 3rd (which is a Friday) and are complaining on the 6th (which is a Monday). In case you don't get my point, you should not count the days of the weekend as processing time since they are more than likely not open. Typically, vendors ask for a couple of days to process a sale, even vendors like Newegg. If they get the order out same day it's great, but if not it's nothing to complain about.

Moreover, please keep in mind that sometimes it takes systems a while to update and/or send out e-mail confirmations. For example, I can remember a time when I ordered something from Newegg - I did not receieve the shipping confirmation w/ tracking info until the day the package was supposed to arrive (it had been en route for two days already).

Bottom line is (1) you need to get it more time and (2) you ordered over a weekend so you should give it even more time. Most people have had very pleasant experiences with Sidewinder, and you can do the same.

deception``

Deception is right, these online companies typically dont count the weekends since shipping companies such as fedex and ups dont pick up on the weekends. Eveytime i order on a friday (usually in the evening), my order doenst ship out until monday and i wont get a tracking number until like monday evening after all the shipments have been picked up. Give them some more time.

On the other hand, theres not really much of an excuse if a customer calls mulitple times and keeps getting voice mail. Email responses will always be delayed but its frustrating if you want to find the status of your order but you cant get a hold of anyone.

Well, they finally emailed me, but I never did get an answer on the phone.

I ordered something else over the weekend from a different vendor, and it got shipped on Saturday 2 hours after I ordered it.

Suppose it isn't fair to hold other companies to that standard. Whatever.

I am quite surprised as Sidewinder has a 9+ rating at resellers and they are the best online company I have ever dealt with. Everybody makes mistakes. Hey, my parents were wonderful people and they managed to have me.:D

I'd have to agree with sidewinder being awesome. I ordered from them and ordered from newegg at the same time and sidewinder shipped it friday ( i ordered at 1 am friday for both) and my package from sidewinder came monday and newegg came wednsday. Both are great companies but I was suprised newegg could be beat.

Yesterday was a culmination of events that put me in a craptastic mood. I probably shouldn't have been so harsh in my original post.

I asked an admin to delete this thread when it was at about 50 views but they refused.

I made a mistake when trying to have an auto-notification about a delta tri-blade sent to my gmail address (stupid no-script extension) and they sent me an email within minutes to clear it up. I was so impressed that I immediately bought some fans and such. Really fast delivery as well.

Sidewinder is usually awesome everytime I've ordered from them. In fact I wish they carried more products. :)

Kilyin said:
I asked an admin to delete this thread when it was at about 50 views but they refused.

Nope..I didn't "refuse", I pointed out that when there's a thread complaining about a vendor that has been resolved....folks need to know about the resolution too, not just the complaint ;)

Right, and like I said if the thread was deleted, then there wouldn't be a complaint. Wouldn't need a resolution for something that doesn't exist. You responded that the thread already had 50 views at which point the discussion ended.

I asked you to delete it, you gave me a reason why you wouldn't. If that isn't a refusal, we must be speaking different languages.

I only ordered from Sidewinder once ... got a few wires or something .. took about 5 business days to arrive via USPS. No complaints here.

Back