• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY future WC setup, Any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReD.SkY

planned setup:

Dangerden TDX, Maze 4, D5, BIP3, Masterkleer 1/2" tubing, Delta Fans.

Any suggestions?

I dont want to spend alot of money or i would have a storm and thermochill

Instead do cooltechnicas mp-05 and mp-1 for the cpu and gpu blocks they are better performers.

My suggestion:
mp-05
mp-1
50z pump
delta fans
bip III

all from cooltechnica.com so you save on shipping.

Can't really comment as I've not much experience of water cooling. From what I've read you seemed to have picked good components. The only thing I'd research a little would be the TDX. Maybe a Swifty Apogee might be better, I really don't know though.

cool... i guess i will get the mp-05, what model the pro, extreme, limited?

bart, are you saying that the mp-05 is best, cuz your >< are backwards

why is the 50z pump better?

I would suggest the pro or the pro le. Yes I am saying the mp is the best sorry about the backwards signs. I picked the 50z because its a good pump and because getting everything from one place will save you shipping.

the mp-05 is a great block, but its even more restrictive than the storm. i like your original setup, but you can probably get by with a BIPII instead of III. Also, i suggest some Delta Triblades or Sanyo Denkis for fans....undervolted you cant beat them for pressure and noise levels.....

NoodleHead said:
the mp-05 is a great block, but its even more restrictive than the storm. i like your original setup, but you can probably get by with a BIPII instead of III. Also, i suggest some Delta Triblades or Sanyo Denkis for fans....undervolted you cant beat them for pressure and noise levels.....

Thats very true and I agree.

Red,

I'm also in the planning phases of my ideal WC rig. Some of the questions that I needed to answer for myself were:

What is my goal for watercooling? Quiet, Performance, or just something fun to try?

What kind of technology am I cooling? (hot Intels, SLI, AMDs chipsets, drives, etc.) I see you have a list in your sig.. is that the rig you're cooling?

What's my budget? (or what can I sneak in past my wife)

Do you want flashy products or just functional or both?

If I have a specific OC goal, is it possible and have others tried it, what gear did they used, etc. -- E.g. clocking a D920 to 5Gz.

Is portability or size an issue? etc. (home theter, small desk, lan party, etc.)

I'm finding there's a heck of a lot of resources on the internet. There are many proponents of specific technologies because of individual success. If you're not into spending a lot of cash or time in trial and error, Try to chart some specific goals and you'll probably find some kindred spirits who will save you both by sharing experiences.

And definitely, when you're rig is started, post pics and share your experience... I want to see that even us new guys on the block can have success at this!

Back