• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What parts on a $250 budget?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4z3dnConfvz3d

Registered
First I'd like to appoligize about these questions, normally I would try to do the research myself, but the vid card in my laptop fried so I need to order a new computer tomorrow.

The parts I am ordering are as follows...

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
Corsair XMS3500 DDR433 2GB (2x1024)
Asus Extreme N7800GT Dual
Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
WD Raptor 150GB 10,000RPM
BenQ DW1655 16x Dual Layer DVD+-RW
Antec Performance TX1050B SOHO Mid Tower

Anyway, I would like to watercool this sucker and I am not exactly sure what I am doing. I could do it easily with a little reading, but first and foremost I don't know what parts to order, and since I am short on time I don't have the luxery of doing my own research until after everything is ordered.

So here it goes. Most importantly I can't go purchasing parts from several different stores since someone else is going to be ordering everything for me. To make this easy, I was wondering if the Zalman Reserator 1 Plus is any good. If not, figure my budget to be 250 bucks.

Thanks in advance guys. I really appreciate it.

Please do yourself a favor and dont get the reserator.

My suuggestion:
50z pump-75
20 ft. MasterKleer 7/16"ID x 5/8"OD Tubing-11.80
MP-1 GPU-45
BIP 3-45
MP-05 pro-55
misc-18.20

cooltechnica.com

the video card i am getting has two GPUs on it, will two of those MP-1 blocks fit on my card or do i need something else?

D4z3dnConfvz3d said:
the video card i am getting has two GPUs on it, will two of those MP-1 blocks fit on my card or do i need something else?

It should but I am not 100% positive.

cooltechnica.com is apparently sold out of every radiator they offer. I was wondering if the following setup from svc.com would be a good one:

Swiftech RAD676 120mm Radiator 676 3/8" Assembly
Thermaltake CL-W0037 Heat Exchange CPU Cooler For AMD K8, K7 & Intel LGA775, 478
Thermaltake CL-W0038 Aquarius II VGA Copper Waterblock
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Small Form Factor Resevoir

wow. thanks man. LOL. i wanted to keep it simple since I don't have the luxery of time. i am thinking now, maybe i should temporarily just go with a normal heat sink and fan until I can do this watercooling thing properly.

swiftech apex kit. its the best kit out there, and is like 255+8.50 shipping from xoxide. mine will be here tomorrow.

D4z3dnConfvz3d said:
I was wondering if the following setup from svc.com would be a good one:

Swiftech RAD676 120mm Radiator 676 3/8" Assembly
Thermaltake CL-W0037 Heat Exchange CPU Cooler For AMD K8, K7 & Intel LGA775, 478
Thermaltake CL-W0038 Aquarius II VGA Copper Waterblock
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Small Form Factor Resevoir

I use that Swifty rad, it's good or look for the Black Ice Xtreme II.

Forget the Thermaltake CL-W0037, it's just a gimmick.

For a water block, I'd recommend something from either Swiftech or Danger Den.

josh478 said:
swiftech apex kit. its the best kit out there, and is like 255+8.50 shipping from xoxide. mine will be here tomorrow.

yep, if your budget is 250, that's your best bet.

Maviryk said:
Are you a Cooltechnica pusher or something?

Lets see some data to back up your bias.

No they just have a good performance to price ratio and compare to the storm.

I infact had to get an apogee for a recent build because I was running out of time and needed it quick.

Back