• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drum roll................ My new rig pics :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96s10

Drum roll................ My new rig pics :D **(UPDATE)**

Current Specs: :cool:

CPU:
AMD FX-55

MB:
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

RAM:
Corsair XMS 3500LL Pro 1gb x2 Kit

Vid:
EVGA 7800GTX KO Edition

HD:
WD Raptor 10k RPM 36gb SATA
WD Caviar 80gb SATA

CD:
Sony 16x DVDRW Dual Layer

PSU:
OCZ 520w Powerstream SLI ready

Case:
Lian Li 65B

Cooling:
Danger Den Black Ice Extreme2 120mmX2 Radiator 1/2 OD fittings
Danger Den RBX Water Block w/ x3 1/2 OD fittings
Danger Den D4 12v Water Pump w/ 1/2 OD fittings
Danger Den Aluminum Fillport w/ 1/2 OD fitting
7/16 ID Tubing

The goods:
IMG_2358.sized.jpg

IMG_2360.sized.jpg

IMG_2362.sized.jpg

IMG_2342_001.sized.jpg

No the front of the case isnt always open like that. It's just like that for pictures, so you can see how cleanly the wires are routed! :D

Last edited:
That is a very nice rig you got there. You might want to use some more tubing for your Pump inlet though, as sharp angles, such as those created by 90º fittings are a real no no.

party animal said:
very nicely done, i have one question though, why RBX over TDX? Nice wire job too! Congrats.

Dunno I had a TDX in my last rig and I thought I'd try somthing new. I'm definately regretting it as that Y is taking up to much space!!! Gonna order a new TDX soon. Plus my old tdx was 3/8" :(

Valk said:
That is a very nice rig you got there. You might want to use some more tubing for your Pump inlet though, as sharp angles, such as those created by 90º fittings are a real no no.

Can you give me some ideas? Would going with a tdx and eliminating the Y help? Theres a really tight bend coming off the Y going into the pump. Also what 90* fitting are you talking about?

Valk said:

I believe that is a T-line and not an elbow. It's pretty hard to see from his pics. So there really isn't a problem here. By the way, nice setup.

Last edited:
96s10 said:
Dunno I had a TDX in my last rig and I thought I'd try somthing new. I'm definately regretting it as that Y is taking up to much space!!! Gonna order a new TDX soon. Plus my old tdx was 3/8" :(

Ahh, i see. The RBX uses that Y and it does take up a lot of space, thats why i asked. But its not a bad thing to try new things. You learn from trying new things. Its very neat and i really like the look. Superb job. :D

Thanks alot guys :D

The only other thing I've been thinking of getting is one of those fan setups that go in a CD drive bay. Pull some fresh air in straight to the radiator. Havent had any real luck on a nice black one yet.

having the fans pulling air into the case thru the rad would give you better overall performance

otherwise, very nice job - i like it :)

its always tough to see someone cram so much stuff into a small case like that, but you did it VERY well :thup:

Sneaky said:
having the fans pulling air into the case thru the rad would give you better overall performance

otherwise, very nice job - i like it :)

its always tough to see someone cram so much stuff into a small case like that, but you did it VERY well :thup:

Thanks.....

I was having a hard time deciding if I should have a pull or push setup. Was a little worried all the hot air going into the case might create issues elsewhere. When my panaflos get here I'll try a pull setup and see how she does!

Cool to see a fellow wisconsinite onboard :welcome:

Ok, zipties if that's all there is, assuming that there isn't a home depot or lowes within driving distance. But, at the very least, EVERY connection should have a ziptie.

Look.... I'm not say that zipties won't hold it together enough not to leak, but common now.... we're talking about a few 40 cent worm gear hose clamps. He doesn't even need to take anything apart. Those clamps can be completely opened up and slipped around the tubing, then tightened down with either a screwdriver or a wrench.

I can tell you from first hand experience that I have many times accidently caught something on a hose while trying to install or unstall it from my rig. I am ALWAYS greatful that I took the time and the few tiny dollars to put proper hose clamps on my rig. I never have to worry about ripping a hose off of a barb because of the tiny little bit of clamping pressure achieved by a thin, measly little zip tie.

I've never used anything other than zipties other than my very first build, simply because I prefer the way they look. They do work fine, and have just as much clamping power as a plastic cable clamp, which also works just fine. They are plenty strong enough (as long as you use them properly). I understand if it makes you uncomfortable but I feel fine using them and apparently s10 feels the same way. Its all just personal preference.

I looked and didn't see any connections that didn't have a ziptie, am I missing one?

Well I really don't like the way hose clamps look. For about 2months I ran it without anything on the hoses. Then I decided to have atleast somthing on there. Dunno the 7/16 tubing on the 1/2 fittings is tighter than all heck.

citronym said:
I looked and didn't see any connections that didn't have a ziptie, am I missing one?

They all have fittings. Might not have seen the ones on the rbx, I ran outta green so I used blue new_silly.gif

CRXican said:
how did you go about cutting the hole for the rad and how did you mount it?

Dremel with a few of the fiberglass wheels, cuts right thru the aluminum. Just be sure to put somthing down under the dremel incase the wheel grabs. Otherwise you could have some scratches. Also its held in place by the fans being screwed to the radiator.

Back