• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mwave.com Rma Sucks!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

i ordered an ASUS p5wd2-p a few weeks from mwave, and it worked for a bout 3 hours then the computer rebooted and it would never post again, so i sent it back, this was about 2 weeks ago, i just got an email now saying they wont RMA it because the CPU socket is damaged!!!! WTF!! it was fine when i packaged it up!! so now what do i do?? am i stuck with a $200 paperweight, this really ****es me off, i had the board for like a total of 8 hours, and ive been putting together computers for years... ugh...

well i just got a reply

Dear Customer
The issue with the board is that the pins on the socket or bent which means its physical damage.
The manufacture wont assist us on a return, you can try to contact them and see if you can obtain a rma.

Maricela Verdugo
Customer Service Department
mwave.com
[email protected]
(800) 251 - 4648

ugh now what do i do??

UGH!! so ok heres the story, ordered a gigabyte ga-g1975 from mwave and noticed that the voltages were a bit screwy on it so i rma'ed that one, and the asus board i got wouldnt post so i sent that one back and now they are claiming that BOTH boards are damaged and that they are sending them back to me WTF!!! so ive spent like almost $500 bucks and im stuck with NOTHING!!! boy i could really scream right now!!

Dear Customer
The issue with the board is that the pins on the socket or bent which means its physical damage.
The manufacture wont assist us on a return, you can try to contact them and see if you can obtain a rma.

Uh, since when does a socket have pins? Sounds like they're talking about a CPU, not a motherboard. Maybe they're just totally clueless.

i have experience with an mwave rma. i have an afterschool job for school credit with a small networking/telecomm. firm. i sometimes get to order stuff for the company. i ordered a maxtor 250gb sata hdd they had on sale. it was having spin up issues. ran the utility, called maxtor tech support, ran some apps and it was decided that the hdd was defective.

per maxtor i was instructed to rma it with mwave for quicker response time. i went to mwave and they tested the drive i think because it took about 45 minutes to get the new drive.

i'm not sure if this is good or bad cause i've never had to rma anything before except for waiting at fry's to return some stuff.

they were polite and i did get the new drive. it worked.

I had one rma experience from mwave and they were great about it, DOA mainboard, I sent it back and they credited me 3 days after they got it.

They tried some lost in the mail BS with me so I e-mailed them a roundhouse kick to the face compliments of Chuck Norris and in less than 60 hours my money was shown as cleared in my account. Search for the thread(where I got uberdissed) in here.

unfortunatly this is one of those gay things :(
its all too possible they jacked it up..or it somehow got done in transit
i think it'll cost ya $50 for asus to fix it HEH

Back