• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/2" ID passthrough kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeimbo

Disabled
anybody know if there is anywhere that you can get a 1/2" ID passthrough kit for an external radiator? looking for something similar to:
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCB-120.asp
but for 1/2" tubing, not 3/8" :(. i was thinking of doing that but just using 1/2" barbs as a passthrough but not sure if its possible, has anyone seen anything like this done?

Just drill some holes in your case for the tubes. I used a small hole saw for my tubes and then I put some rubber around the edge of the hole so that the tubes wouldn't be cut.

z0n3 said:
Just drill some holes in your case for the tubes. I used a small hole saw for my tubes and then I put some rubber around the edge of the hole so that the tubes wouldn't be cut.

I concur try to see if you can find an extra pci slot and some sheet metal or plexi and you can easily make that for your rad.

yea my problem is that i have a lian-li v1000b+ and a lian-li pc65b so no matter which case i try on, if i mess it up then im scr3wed. my main rig is in the v1000b+ and if i messed up i would be mad which is why im looking for a kit. could you use the passthrough kit and then just use 1/2" barbs instead of the 3/8" or would they not fit?
Please don't get cute with the swear filter...

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
zeimbo said:
yea my problem is that i have a lian-li v1000b+ and a lian-li pc65b so no matter which case i try on, if i fcuk it up then im scr3wed. my main rig is in the v1000b+ and if i messed up i would be p1ssed which is why im looking for a kit. could you use the passthrough kit and then just use 1/2" barbs instead of the 3/8" or would they not fit?

You could if you made a new pci slot thing.

bartsimsonii said:
You could if you made a new pci slot thing.

well i still need to buy the kit anyway cuz i dont think im going to be able to make room in my case for the rad, but im prolly going to hang the pump vertically with velcro or i might drill holes but im trying to stray from that as the case alone costs +-$200.

standard setup:
dd copper tdx
dd maze4 acetal lowpro
dd d5
thermochill 120.1
primo uv blue
dual 5 1/4" uv blue res
primochill pc ice uv blue

Last edited:
zeimbo said:
anybody know if there is anywhere that you can get a 1/2" ID passthrough kit for an external radiator? looking for something similar to:
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCB-120.asp
but for 1/2" tubing, not 3/8" :(. i was thinking of doing that but just using 1/2" barbs as a passthrough but not sure if its possible, has anyone seen anything like this done?
There isn't one. I/2" tubing is bigger than the pci openings. Bite the bullet and drill some holes.

well, i was wondering if i could use the 3/8" kit but instead of the passthroughs use these to put through the holes as my passthroughs?

Back