• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fedex ****es me off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

:bang head

online says it was delieverd @ 8pm.

someone has been home all day. Not one package. and there is nothing to be found, no door bell was rang or anything

called fedex and they are like :shrug:

they really don't care, but they said they would contact the driver and ask him where he put it.

there are only so many places it can be left at my house. either the front door or the garage door. I live in the woods, anything else would be under a tree...

Opening Odds on what happened to your package:

Still on the truck: 2:1
At the wrong house: 3:1
At the right address, but In the wrong city: 5:1
Under a tree: 10:1
Stolen: 20:1

I'm sorry man. FedEx ****ed me off the last go round too. Don't diss FedEx too loudly around here, or all you'll hear are stories about how UPS is immeasurably worse.

David Coleman said:
Don't diss FedEx too loudly around here, or all you'll hear are stories about how UPS is immeasurably worse.

Number of FedEx packages I have gotten, probably 100. Problems ZERO!

Number of UPS packages I have gotten, probably 35. Problems 20!

Need I say more?

Here, in the greater Phoenix area, (notice I said the greater Phoenix area) UPS is NOT the company to use, FedEx is.

Of course, YMMV!

steve

Sorry about your issue. I remember a time with Fedex where it said the package was delivered, but it came the day afterwards - supposedly it was just an issue with their tracking system. I would give it another day or so and then try to escalate the issue (if possible).

And contrary to popular belief, FedEX is not a perfect shipping company. There are a handful of people here that have had bad UPS experiences; what most fail to tell you (or even recognize themselves) is that UPS is the market leader in ground shipping - they hold ~ 75% of the market over ~ 15-16% of FedEX. What's my point? More volume means a greater sample/chance of issues here and there; in reality, UPS's proportion of disasitisfied shipments is much lower than that of FedEX, but most people here don't think out-of-the-box quite like that :)

deception``

I find the same thing in my area, FEDEX is efficient, expediant, and PERFECT where as UPS sucks *** harder than I thought was possible.

I actually went there 1 day in advance to notify them i wanted to pick up a package arriving the following day, becauase they never get to my house before 7pm and sometimes 10!!!!

So they say NP come tomorrow between 12-6pm

I show up, oh we dont know where package is lmao

then to boot they tell me they even put it on the wrong truck so I might not even get it delivered in time hahahahha

I got really ****ed off, but i held back and I simply said, well find the package, call me, tell the driver to meet me within this area if possible.

2 hours later they called me and I went to pick up my package and met the driver 5 miles from my house.

I HATE UPS

I have yet to have any problems with Fedex either, except a few days ago when I recieved my RMA'd HDD the Fedex guy just left the package at my doorstep. Even through my girlfriend was home so he didnt even try to ring the door bell.

no shipping company is perfect, but they are all fairly decent. i think people have unrealistic standards.
expect mistakes, its ran by humans.
i see posts all the time about OMG this shipping company sucks so bad!!!! my package was supposed to come today and its one day late!!!
there are several people who make posts like this and yet when you buy something from them in the forums it takes a week for them to send it out.

i finally got it last night, they called me and told me they couldn't come to my house, so i said they better meet me at work.

they ended up doing it. so in the end it works out, just two days late.

deception`` said:
Sorry about your issue. I remember a time with Fedex where it said the package was delivered, but it came the day afterwards - supposedly it was just an issue with their tracking system. I would give it another day or so and then try to escalate the issue (if possible).

And contrary to popular belief, FedEX is not a perfect shipping company. There are a handful of people here that have had bad UPS experiences; what most fail to tell you (or even recognize themselves) is that UPS is the market leader in ground shipping - they hold ~ 75% of the market over ~ 15-16% of FedEX. What's my point? More volume means a greater sample/chance of issues here and there; in reality, UPS's proportion of disasitisfied shipments is much lower than that of FedEX, but most people here don't think out-of-the-box quite like that :)

deception``

Also don't forget if your comparing Fedex Express and Fedex Ground to UPS they are two different operations. Fedex Express is premiere overnight shipping and Fedex Ground is Fedex's equivilant to UPS Ground. So the portion of the market UPS controls is the ground operation I do believe. Because I don't think UPS is doing as well in the Express/Overnight biz.

Rattle said:
you guys see the UPS plain that ignited LOL

I hope noones computer hardware was on it :p

What's funny about a plane that catches on fire?

It does not matter whether there's cargo on there or not - it's no laughing matter.

deception``

ahhh come one man, I thought of you guys when i saw it and all the UPS stories :p

the actuall plane on fire isnt too funny though

rhino56 said:
no shipping company is perfect, but they are all fairly decent. i think people have unrealistic standards.
expect mistakes, its ran by humans.
i see posts all the time about OMG this shipping company sucks so bad!!!! my package was supposed to come today and its one day late!!!
there are several people who make posts like this and yet when you buy something from them in the forums it takes a week for them to send it out.

trophy.jpg

UPS aircraft fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/08/AR2006020801982.html

UPS truck fire

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060112/FRONT01/60112001

It's not the one in Utah, from Christmas time, but it is a UPS truck on fire.

On another note, I remember a FedEx DC-10, getting loaded up, at LAX, that was loaded incorrectly, and the tail end dropped to the ground. The front gear was about 35 feet in the air. (Or more.)

I'm sure, if we did a Google search, we could also find a FedEx truck on fire, too.

steve

Back