• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock for X1900XT and/or Ramsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GearShift3r

Hey all,

I just put a new Sapphire X1900XT into my system, but it's time to incorporate it into the waterloop. I'm curious as to know which waterblock and or ramsinks would be give me the best performance. I have been looking at a Maze4, but I'm not sure if that will fit on the X1900Xt. Can anyone suggest a waterblock and or ramsinks?

Thanks!
-GearShift3r

dd is creating a block for them, should be released soon. as far as ramsinks, get the ocz copper ramsinks. or see if viperjohn has anything available

the maze 4 will fit - it uses the same mounting holes and whatnot

for a full-cover block, DD is making a new revision of the ATI-X18 block to fit the x1900's

unfortunately for me, i'm stuck with the old version cause i jumped the gun on both the x1800xt and the waterblock to go along with it :bang head so i'll have to get the new one when they release it, or just do some ghetto dremel engineering to make the ATI-X18 fit

Sneaky said:
for a full-cover block, DD is making a new revision of the ATI-X18 block to fit the x1900's

is there an echo in here? hehe just sell yours on ebay or in the classifieds once the new one is released. but if the maze4 fits, id prolly go with that as it will be 1/3 the cost and offer about the same performance with the ocz ramsinks imo.

I have a DD Maze 4 w/ Vantec Ramsinks as we speak.

Before at stock speed at idle it would hit 58-61C!! - Dont ask about peak temperatures; almost gave me a heart attack.

Right now it is OC'ed at 690/775 and idles at 36 and peaks about 45-46C

Okay, thanks guy. Now that I know what my options are, which one would you recommend? A full coverage block, or a Maze4 GPU block with RAMsinks? I'm leaning towards the Maze4 & RAMsinks.

-GearShift3r

GearShift3r said:
Okay, thanks guy. Now that I know what my options are, which one would you recommend? A full coverage block, or a Maze4 GPU block with RAMsinks? I'm leaning towards the Maze4 & RAMsinks.

-GearShift3r

Isn't the full covered block from DD upwards of 200+ dollars?

If thats the case, go DD + Ramsinks :)

I say you get your hands on a Maze 4 or the new GPU Swifty block or if you can get the Silverprop block and get some BGA sinks from wluk from the classifieds here.

i think the full block runs about $120ish dollars for one. id go with the maze4 as it has proven performance and then get some vantec, ocz, or swiftech ramsinks and youre set. or some from that guy in the classifieds but im not sure how well those work

Back