• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg.com "I am more than impressed thus far"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
Well, I have been ordering from Newegg.com for about 3 years now and have spent rediculous amounts of money making my PC go faster. In these 3 years I have never had one problem up until yesterday:

I ordered an OCZ Powerstream 520 (single rail) PSU and I had it overnight shipped to my residence. The price was great and the one day shipping was better. What showed up on my doorstep was not: They shipped out the OCZ Powerstream 600 (Dual rail) which was about $100 more than my original order. I was livid because I really wanted a single rail setup and rather than be dishonest and keep the expensive dual rail unit I let morality take over and I called up Newegg and explained to them they shipped me the wrong unit and that I was in dire need of a PSU. An OC Forums member named "Rattle" who can be found in the ATI forums recommended that I call up a specific Newegg Employee named Jason @ Extension 2050.

The first thing Jason did was apologize to me over and over again. The next thing he did is said "Well, what are we waiting for, lets ship you out a PSU right away because I dont want you to even feel like this little bump in the road occurred" I was impressed. The next thing he told me is: "Dont worry about anything, first of all I am giving you free overnight shipping, free rush order, and as soon as we get off the phone I will personally make sure your order gets processed and shipped right now."

After this I was really impressed. Next, he said "Because of your honesty, I am recommending that you pick any other power supply in stock @ Newegg.com while I am on the phone with you and I will give you $20 off for your honesty, free fedex overnight shipping, and a free personal rush order on it."

So, because he thought to himself that there might be a problem with stock of the OCZ 520 at the Tenessee warehouse he recommended that if I wanted to pick another high end PSU, it might be a better idea.

So, I ended picking up an awesome 38Amp single 12v Rail 560 watt Silverstone Zeus power supply!!! :) FOR $117 total cost!!!!!

On top of this I am getting re-imbursed for my original $169.99 OCZ520 order and they are even expecting me to call them back for a re-imbursment on shipping when I send them the original unit back via RMA.

Talk about taking care of a botched up order and customer service. I am more than impressed with Neweggs service. For this, I will remain a loyal Newegg Customer for a very long time. Thank you NEWEGG!!

Exactly what I was talking about man.

They take care of their longtime repeating customers. They are not petty and they see the big picture, very few do.

Jason is a good dude.

I have the same issue. Hope I get the same response. I really need the PSU by Sat!

I have had no problems with Newegg. But if i ever do, i know everything will be fine.

orion25 said:
I have the same issue. Hope I get the same response. I really need the PSU by Sat!

Well I could not get Jason but I spoke with Gabriel. I have the OCZ 520 coming with Free next day shipping. I am off to the post office shortly to send the 600 back. Did not get for the $20 off because I only want the OCZ 520.

Nathan0490 said:
Jason is awesome :D

Yes,he is!!

Dominick, how well do you think your experience would have gone, had you not talked directly to Jason, or Aaron?

What I'm driving at, is that Newegg has some "issues," and Jason as well as Aaron are here, to put out fires, for the OCF members. We have a "backdoor" that regular Newegg customers don't have.

Suppose, it was your mother, cousin, or next door neighbor that had a bad order. Would they have had Jason's extension number? Or, would they just have to get in touch with a regular customer service guy, and get regular customer service?

steve

skou said:
Yes,he is!!

Dominick, how well do you think your experience would have gone, had you not talked directly to Jason, or Aaron?

What I'm driving at, is that Newegg has some "issues," and Jason as well as Aaron are here, to put out fires, for the OCF members. We have a "backdoor" that regular Newegg customers don't have.

Suppose, it was your mother, cousin, or next door neighbor that had a bad order. Would they have had Jason's extension number? Or, would they just have to get in touch with a regular customer service guy, and get regular customer service?

steve

You bring up a good point. However, when an issue such as mine arises in any corporation with a good "corporate motto & structure" I feel they handled it perfectly. I ordered one unit and paid $30 to have overnight shipping, they overnight me the wrong unit. Completely there fault, plain and simple. I think any rep over at Newegg would have given me free overnight shipping and a full refund, thats just automatic considering the scenario.

However, I do think because I dealt with Jason, that I got a little extra special treatment with the $20 discount and I do not feel that another sales rep would have given that discount out to a normal average Joe.

I told Jason that I was recommended from OC Forums.com and right away he took care of me. So, you do bring up a great point about how we have a biased back door but given my individual scenario I dont think anyone would have a problem getting a full refund and free overnight shipping from any sales rep given the fact that Newegg wants that corporate image/motto to hold true in all of the employees, especially when its blatantly there own fault.

Dom

dominick32 said:
You bring up a good point. However, when an issue such as mine arises in any corporation with a good "corporate motto & structure" I feel they handled it perfectly. I ordered one unit and paid $30 to have overnight shipping, they overnight me the wrong unit. Completely there fault, plain and simple. I think any rep over at Newegg would have given me free overnight shipping and a full refund, thats just automatic considering the scenario.

However, I do think because I dealt with Jason, that I got a little extra special treatment with the $20 discount and I do not feel that another sales rep would have given that discount out to a normal average Joe.

I told Jason that I was recommended from OC Forums.com and right away he took care of me. So, you do bring up a great point about how we have a biased back door but given my individual scenario I dont think anyone would have a problem getting a full refund and free overnight shipping from any sales rep given the fact that Newegg wants that corporate image/motto to hold true in all of the employees, especially when its blatantly there own fault.

Dom

I am not so sure I agree. I called the Cust. Serv. line first and got the next Rep. in line. Do not remember his name but I explained getting the wrong (more expensive!) product and I really needed the right one before the weekend. I was basically told there was nothing he could do. I would have to use the standard RMA process but I would get a refund on the shipping for getting the wrong item back to them.

So I PM'ed Newegg Support on the forums. Gabriel responded and I called him up. Ordered the right power supply and got it on the way via next day air with free shipping and I will get the cost of one of the power supplies credited back to me when I return the other PS. The first guy never mentioned I could order another one (and pay for it) and then send the wrong one back for a credit. This is really no problem for me to do as I really want the OCZ 520 so I can start OC'ing my Gskill HX 2x1GB.

So I like to think we get some special treatment for being members of the forums :cool:

Just a little FYI.
I think the actual Warehouse that stocks the OCZ520's is out of them, thats why they are sending out 600's. I truly hope that you do not receive another 600 again. Let me know how everything turns out.

Dom

orion25 said:
I am not so sure I agree. I called the Cust. Serv. line first and got the next Rep. in line. Do not remember his name but I explained getting the wrong (more expensive!) product and I really needed the right one before the weekend. I was basically told there was nothing he could do. I would have to use the standard RMA process but I would get a refund on the shipping for getting the wrong item back to them.

So I PM'ed Newegg Support on the forums. Gabriel responded and I called him up. Ordered the right power supply and got it on the way via next day air with free shipping and I will get the cost of one of the power supplies credited back to me when I return the other PS. The first guy never mentioned I could order another one (and pay for it) and then send the wrong one back for a credit. This is really no problem for me to do as I really want the OCZ 520 so I can start OC'ing my Gskill HX 2x1GB.

So I like to think we get some special treatment for being members of the forums :cool:

Personally, I like it, too.

BUT, what happens if I recommend Newegg to a friend or customer, who doesn't have Aaron's or Jason's extension, and they have a problem?

Not only does Newegg look bad, but I do as well.

More and more, I think Newegg is following UPS's business operations model. (Or was that Walmart.)

steve

Steve,

You make a good point but I think that the problems Newegg is having are really minor. The fact that they are growing, and gaining more customers has something to do with it. You cannot satisfy all the people all the time. With a larger customer base problems, that may have existed before, will be more apparent due to the number of people reporting them. Please do not put Newegg on the same playing field as Walmart. Newegg could never survive on the net if it followed the Wal Mart plan.

As for the issue I had (wrong item shipped),I am in the distribution business and while the goal is to have zero mis-picks and mis-receipts, I have worked for companies that had an acceptable error rate od 0.05%. May seem like a small percentage but that particular company shippes about 20 million cases a year from the DC I worked at. We shipped to retail stores and not consumers though.

Dom,

I have considered that but I am hoping it is not the case. If I had a warehouse manager working for me that was shipping $210 items in the place of $140 items intentionally he would not be employed long. I am hoping it waas a receiving error at their TN warehouse that was resolved when we contacted them.

Guess I will fing out in a few hours as the next package is on the truck for delivery.

skou said:

steve

EXACTLY!

That's awesome man, I have had similar experiences with the egg. They are top notch in the CS dept!

As a final follow up to my wrong OCZ Power supply..... I got the right one Friday via Fed Ex nextday air. And to top off the experience, Gabriel called me Friday afternoon to make sure I got the right Item and got it on time. He also wanted to know if there was anything else they could have done, to which I replied there was not and they will have me as a customer for a long time.

I actually could have got the 520 for $119 at Monarch but I will always pay a few more dollars for customer service and I have had only so-so experiences with Monarch as of late.

Nathan0490 said:
Jason is awesome :D

that he is. hes helped me in the past as well. ive yet to have a problem with newegg the rma process is easy and doesnt make you feel like a common criminal if something happens to arrive dead or be defective in some way and the processing is insanely fast too which im grately appreciative (some items i have to spend a few dollars more for but at least you can see what those few dollars more do for you unlike some other places)

Back