• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need More Rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VTpelt

Registered
I have a external water cooling unit and my pump recently died on me. I decided to rebuild the external casing and get a DC pump.

Parts:
(dead) Hydor L40 II -> replaced with MCP655
Dual Radiator Core
DTek Pro Core
Meanwell S320
Panflo M1's
Swiftech 5002-PT w/ 320 watt pelt
(extra) single BIX

I am looking to watercool my GPU in the future and since I am going to rebuild the external casing, I am tored between adding another dual radiator core and getting rid of DTek Pro Core, OR integrate the extra single BIX dedicated for GPU into the casing? I was able to sustain reasonable temperatures with what I had before. CPU Idle @ 4C and Load @ 39C. Water temperatures were Idle @ ~20C and Load @ 32C.

External Casing aesthetics are also of importance to me. I don't mind a few more degrees if I can fit everything into a smaller casing. Building an external case to house two dual core rads is going to be big and I rather not do so, but if I won't be able to cool my CPU and GPU properly than so be it, i'll build something the size of my case.

New Design Thoughts:
w/ single integrated BIX

Use same basic frame look. Lengthen the casing a bit so I can bring down the dual core rad in order to enclose the fans in the casing.

Possibly integrate the single BIX where the back 120 mm fan is and have the fan stick out from the back.

Get rid of Res and just use a fillport

Two Dual Core Rads:
Build a larger case to sit on the side of the computer, use same concept of the G5's case cooling.

Attachments

• IMG_0952b.JPG
    IMG_0952b.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0965b.JPG
    IMG_0965b.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 68
What you have now should be more than enough. I don't believe it will raise your temps all that much. I have an MCR220 cooling my CPU and 2 Video cards at the moment. My CPU in my sig never gets over 40C. Don't really know the load temps on my cards

You might need 2 dual 120 rads if you plan on cooling 25x1000watt peltiers or something... Stick with a single 120 rad, you'll still see good temps. One 2x120 will yield respectable temps at extreme O/C and Overvolts.

a question you need to ask yourself

what is your ultimate goal
1 full performance at a huge cost ( aka adding pets to the system)
2 great performance and some noise
3 very good performance and lower noise
4 good performance and almost none to no noise
5 follow thorilans advice if oyu have a little bit more money to spend ( since you already consider pelts) and make 2 seperate loops and put the single rad to work just for the video cards and a normal 120x2 rad for your cpu

Back