• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about moving a water cooled rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlitzPuppet

Hey guys, been reading these forums for quite a while and just now decided to post.

I'm planning on buying the Evercool wc-202 water cooling kit for my computer and I was wondering if these units are reliable enough for me to move my computer around once it's installed. I'm in college and sometimes I go home on the weekend and place my comp on it's side and haul it home with me. Will I still be able to do this without fear of leaking? Thanks in advance.

I had the AWC-1 which is partically identical to the WC-202. You should not have to worry much about trasporting this unit around because:
-the blocks are not heavy
-the radiators are either screwed to the case, or they are embeded into the bay

A word of warning though, the resevoir on mine was not strong enough and leaked in my system! When you screw in the fill port plug, do not over tighten, just have it so that the rubber o-ring and resevoir touch. Second warning would be that the tubing allows the water to evaporate so watch you water levels!

Good luck,
Bryan d

yea, i dunno if id turn it on its side but you should be ok if it stays upright and doesnt get jerked around too much. just make sure you have clamps on everything and that everything is tightened down properly

I use to take my rig all over the place and it had a PVC res on the back of it. Only had a prob with it once and that was with the tubing coming off the rad barb. Still seems kinda odd that it slide off yet the worm clamp was on as tight as it would go.

I went back and forth to a LAN party last weekend with my water rig...it practically broke my back, but all my hardware is okay.

yeah with all water cooling setups, you can usually transport them around just like any air cooled system, just be a bit more gentle and i would put the case on its side and try to use the seat belts if you can.

josh478 said:
my case has wheels, i just wheel it around weeeeeee
hahaha then when all that force cannot be stopped it goes from weeeee to nooooooooooooooooo.
It should be OK, just dont top it or you might get some bubbles back in your line

moho said:
hahaha then when all that force cannot be stopped it goes from weeeee to nooooooooooooooooo.
It should be OK, just dont top it or you might get some bubbles back in your line

it weighs about 70lbs... but im a big dude, i have no problem stopping it. wheels > back problems

Back