• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

general questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperFarStucker

I've never done a w/c setup before but I got all the stuff and I'm ready to leak test the loop as soon as I get some barbs from the hardware store for the radiator. Are zip ties the easiest way to mount a bix 3 in the front of a stacker? What is the best way to cap off a t-line? I was thinking just like a stopper for a beaker sans the holes with a metal clamp, but don't know where I'd get one of those (hardware store?). The T-Line should be at the top of the loop right? What sort of anti-corrosive should I have in my loop? Is a box cutter the best way to cut the tubing? That's about all I can think of. Any other general tips would be nice.

-Nick

1.Not exacvtly sure but I think it is...

2.Exactly go to home depot or lowes.

3.It could be wherever you would like it/the place thats easiest to reach.

4. zerex racing super coolant

5.Its one way there are others whatever works for you.

Any antifreeze works fine as an anti-corrosive. The t-line at the top of the loop may reduce bleed times. I use a razor to cut tubing so a box cutter should work.

You should also run something that works as an anti-algae. Many people around here use a few drops of iodine.

Go to home depot and buy a 3/8" copper cap. They fit snugly inside 1/2" ID tubing. If you want a cheap T-line you could also use 3/8" copper Ts also. Your T-line doesn't have to be at the top of your loop, it just has to be right before the inlet of your pump so that you can prime it. If you're using Distilled H2O + Additive, fill the system with H20 first, it bleeds a lot faster that way, and after about 30 minutes of bleeding top off the loop with your additive (Xerex, Antifreeze, WW, etc.)

And when you bleed don't forget to tilt your case to get rid of all the air trapped in the Rad.

SuperFarStucker said:
...What sort of anti-corrosive should I have in my loop?

I've used a combination of 10% propylene glycol and 90% distilled water in the past with great success. No corrosion or microbial growth after 2 years of use. Whatever you do, avoid products with toxics. This thread has some very good information on the subject.

Back