• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial rocks...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Finally got my 2 sticks of Crucial 256MB PC2100 in and it rocks. 166MHz X 10 for 1.66GHz on my 8K7A+. Had to raise my VCore to 1.94 and the DDR voltage to 2.8V to get there but it's damn fast. Memory settings are kind've high, 16-8-8-3-3-3-3 I believe, but got some Thermaltake heat spreaders on the way so hopefully I can get that down a few clicks. Might try when I get back home (off for lunch and had to play, haha...package was on the porch) as the instability was solved with the increase in VCore (was getting BSOD on boot in Win2K) and I thought it was the memory voltage.

Sandra gives me 990/925...over 30% increase in bandwidth...I'm happy. Just hope it's happy there while I'm gone.

Got it at 16-8-7-2-2-2.5-2 and 1002/961 in Sandra.

Think I'll hold here til those spreaders come...I'd hate to ruin this, haha.

you make me want to take out my cpu and connect the L1 so I can lower the multi and raise the fsb:D those score look pretty cool with 2 sticks, I had to downclock my ram setting when I put the second stick in

ymNA said:
you make me want to take out my cpu and connect the L1 so I can lower the multi and raise the fsb:D those score look pretty cool with 2 sticks, I had to downclock my ram setting when I put the second stick in

That happened to me on my VP6 and it sucks...ah well.

Here's that capture I promised...

:D did what I wanted to do, connected the L1, stable in prime95 at 154x6.5, got my mem score up again 750/952 ,,, seem faster than 135x7.5

Very nice man. I cant get my memory scores near that high, and im running at same fsb at CAS 2-2-2. Funny, cause my first score is alwasy lower than my second too. Best i have gotten is 750/950. Any tips for me.

MMX, is that only for tbird? does duron have it? and how do I enable it? just got my ram to CL 2, couldn't get it to 2 with 135 fsb

Its just a benchmark option, it doesnt actually make anything any faster. Its aways enabled, you just have to tell sandra to use it in the test. Click option at the bottom of the window, its in there somewhere.

Back