• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV-68 on a Zalman RESERATOR 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cwindsor

Just for Score keeping I guess....

I put a 3/8's NV-68 on a 6800GS OC'ed to 500/1200 and got temps of 52C MAX.... :p. I am happy with the setup.. I ran the card as hard as I could and still looks like it would take more on the core easy but the memory is another thing... :bang head I don't know if this makes a difference but I am running water wetter... Boy does that crap STINK :eh?:

I also have a 6800gt (PNY) I am going to throw on it and see what I can turn with that,,,,

good to hear that the nv-68 fits on the GS model, im still wondering how the NV series blocks perform against maze4 gpu blocks..
anyone with a maze4 on a 6800gs? nice clocks by the way.

cwindsor, how do you like the RESERATOR? I read the 6 page friendly boxing-match post a few minutes ago and someone only kept theirs for a few days before getting rid of it. So I'm wondering what you think of it.

I'm considering a wc system too, so I'm researching. I'm after quiet primarily, followed by cool for overclocking - and I think Zalman's product will do that. But what are your thoughts?

- Wisdom

Wisdom said:
cwindsor, how do you like the RESERATOR? I read the 6 page friendly boxing-match post a few minutes ago and someone only kept theirs for a few days before getting rid of it. So I'm wondering what you think of it.

I'm considering a wc system too, so I'm researching. I'm after quiet primarily, followed by cool for overclocking - and I think Zalman's product will do that. But what are your thoughts?

- Wisdom

Eh, dont buy a 200$ setup. Im using a large plast bucket. http://gallery.nizick.com/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5718

Im putting about 100-120 watts of heat into it. And im sitting at 40c idle and 44c load.

Very good, Mark! Thank you for the input. Now I need to add another qualifier to the quiet and cool - it can't take up much space!

How well does that Zalman work for you, cwindsor?

- Wisdom

Back