• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bleeding the system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well I finally got around to installing my updated watercooling. First try, storm was leaking, i guess when i tightend the worm drive the left barb came undone a little. A quick panic turned to calmness, I turned off the psu and retightened the barb without having to take apart the whole system. Now its running and i see no leak from that spot, but it sure is sounding like air bubbles are passing through the storm often. My res is running without the cap on to try and help, its only been running 20 mins or less, so I wouldnt expect it to be completely bled, but is that normal that air bubbles seem to be popping a lot near the storm?

well, it's normal to hear the air in the system for atleast a day. It takes me 3-4 days to bleed completely with a T-line.

pump isnt making noises it either sounds like bubbles are popping near the storm of my mcw60, no leaks though and i dont see any bubbles forming around barbs or anything

Try tilting the case, front-back, side-to-side, you might be able to speed up the bleeding process if you've got bubbles "stuck" in one spot.

i let mine sit for a few seconds and turned it on/off back and forth. i let the bubbles dissolve(about 5 minutes) and then i filled the res. back up to about 1/2 in. from the top(res that comes with the swiftech apex kit). it ended up bleeding itself and i was a very happy camper. now you cant even tell the water is moving except for the res that moves cause of the water flow.

Well I let it run over night and it has gotten better, but i hear a few pops here and there, I have shut it off and tapped around and tilted the case side to side and front to back. If a barb was loose and air was getting in through that i would see a leak correct? It is leakproof so far, and i just double checked all barbs are on there tight.

Back