• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this setup be ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bf2

Registered
Hello everyone, I am completly new to watercooling and would like some imput from u fellow OC members regarding this set up I have in mind. I just bought this http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-19.html due to my opteron ideling around 40 c load 54c. With that in mind I said what the heck lemme just cool my video cards too... so Im thinking of getting this now too..http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-185.html. Now my question is will I be ok in adding this to that water kit or will it just not work as good. All of this will be going into my current sig. Will water pressure drop? Will I have to upgrade to dual radiator? thanks.

that rad isn't that big so I would avoid adding a high wattage video card to the load.

If it was a single card it would handle it but because you got the SLI its going to be on the edge, the rad could handle it but you need a very high CFM fan and that would mean alot of noise.
Bottom line, yes it could handle it but its not recommended because of the noise levels.

You can sell that rad and get yourself a BIPII for like 35$ from DD.

cwindsor said:
Make your life easy and just change your order to this instead...

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-76.html... TRUST ME it's worth the $40.00 difference!

And yes I ordered one last night.... :p :p

Damn, guys, you think I should just ebay the cooling set and get what u recommend it or just buy a black ice dual radiator? I wanna kick myself!!! :bang head

Flip-Mode said:
If it was a single card it would handle it but because you got the SLI its going to be on the edge, the rad could handle it but you need a very high CFM fan and that would mean alot of noise.
Bottom line, yes it could handle it but its not recommended because of the noise levels.

You can sell that rad and get yourself a BIPII for like 35$ from DD.

Ok what store is this DD? Thanks.

Hey guys quick update I did buy the sli maze 4 waterblocks and also bought black Ice dual radiator from Danger Den for 35 bucks. Do any of you of any link to pictures with sli set up so I can get an idea of how to set up mine when my parts get here. Ive been trying to look for some buthavent found any with sli setups. Ill keep looking though. thanks

Ok so I got my dual radiator and sli maze 4 sli gpu blocks. I have one question whether this setup would be ok. Im planning on going

pump>single radiator>cpu>dual radiator>sli maze 4 blocks>resovoir>pump.

The single radiator would be inside the case and the dual will be outside on the back. Would this be ok? All using 1/2 inch tubing. thanks

bf2 said:
Ok so I got my dual radiator and sli maze 4 sli gpu blocks. I have one question whether this setup would be ok. Im planning on going

pump>single radiator>cpu>dual radiator>sli maze 4 blocks>resovoir>pump.

The single radiator would be inside the case and the dual will be outside on the back. Would this be ok? All using 1/2 inch tubing. thanks
Order doesn't matter, just use the setup that uses least tubing and make sure the res is before the pump.
Post pictures or be shunned forever!

Flip-Mode said:
Order doesn't matter, just use the setup that uses least tubing and make sure the res is before the pump.
Post pictures or be shunned forever!

Hehe... I will post pictures as soon as I get my new motherboard on Friday. I got the Asus a8n32 deluxe, due to fact that my current mb, I think died or wont post for some odd reason. I had recently formatted my drives I installed the creative drivers, rebooted and nothing.. no post, no picture nothing. I even swaped out cpus and video cards and nothing no post... oh well wanted to get this new mb anyways.

Back