• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First H2O setup, need some advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Well, taking some of my tax return and finally switching to water!! :clap: I think i'm going for THIS KIT and i'm going to get THIS FOR MY 7800GTX .

Should i mount the radiator on the outside in the back or should i try to stuff it inside my case? I admit, i have some homework to do before i tackle this but i'm probably going to order this stuff tomorrow. Here's a picture of my case, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. I'm also going to be ordering my 930 very soon!!!!!!!!
picture0077cu.jpg

It's up to you where you want to mount it, I dunno what your goals are for the project. That is a wonderful kit you chose, however, and you won't be disappointed.

My main goal is QUIET! And secondly, higher overclocks. I've been running a Delta TFB1212GHE super high speed fan on my xp-120 for a while now, so i need some piece and quiet.

veryhumid said:
go for the new gpu block if you can: http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw60.asp

the next money i have to spend is going for the apex kit as well. good choice. i would personally mount it outside of the case using the radbox rather than cutting the case.
Wow, very nice. You sold me on the mcw60 veryhumid. A few extra bucks but well worth it. I am leaning towards mounting this on the back of my case, not much room on the inside anyway.

dylskee said:
My main goal is QUIET! And secondly, higher overclocks. I've been running a Delta TFB1212GHE super high speed fan on my xp-120 for a while now, so i need some piece and quiet.

i know exactly what you mean. i like how swiftech lets you undervolt the deltas that come with it to 7v or 5v.

as for the new block being better than the maze. i'm not sure. It has only been out for this week.

Yep, that Swifty kit is pretty decent. It comes with a rad box to mount the rad externally on the back. I have mine mounted on the back too and I like it. Don't look like you have a lot of extra room inside, so that might be the deciding factor.

batboy said:
Yep, that Swifty kit is pretty decent. It comes with a rad box to mount the rad externally on the back. I have mine mounted on the back too and I like it. Don't look like you have a lot of extra room inside, so that might be the deciding factor.

Yeah, it's going on the back of my case. Now i have to figure out how to get some fans on the motherboard memory and mosfets. That Delta not only cooled my cpu but @220 CFM it cooled everything!!!

Ok, I'm just about ready to buy the kit. It says it comes with 7/16" ID tubing, i am adding a block to my gpu so i was looking for some extra tubing for the additional loop but they don't have 7/16", only 1/2". Should i toss the 7/16" tubing and just buy some 1/2"?

Another question, I'm going to install the radiator on the back of my case and i will have to remove my two exhaust fans, won't this affect my airflow in my case?

If you look in the right places, you can find more 7/16" ID tubing. If you are careful with routing it, maybe you'll have enough tubing without buying more.

I think you can mount the rad with the rad box and still use the inside case exhaust fans as long as you also mount fans onto the outside of the rad sucking air through the fins.

dylskee said:
Yeah, it's going on the back of my case. Now i have to figure out how to get some fans on the motherboard memory and mosfets. That Delta not only cooled my cpu but @220 CFM it cooled everything!!!

Here is how I directed some air flow to the mobo mosfets, N/B, and RAM. I cut a couple of holes for quiet 120mm fans in the side cover. The lower fan provides fresh air for my X1900 vid card (which is air cooled). I used Antec tri-adjustable fans and on the lowest setting they are very quiet. If I get a wild hair and want to do some max overclocking, I can temporarily crank up the fans a notch or two.

batdesk.jpg

Nice setup batboy! Yeah, i'm going to have to get some fans in there somehow. I just ordered some heatsinks to sink all the fet's and pll's also. You got a picture of the radiator mounted on the back of your setup?

DAMN, nice monitor man!!!!! :drool: :drool:

Back