• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have questions on upgrading H2O system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenny_k

Hi everyone, first time here. I currently have a koolance exos (1/4" one) and was planning on upgrading away from it. It was my first time at WC, seemed easy, and I have ZERO room inside my case. Had pretty good reviews so I went with it. However, the exos is just not cutting it when I start upping the vcore. I was looking to go with a 1/2" setup using the mcp655 but the pump wouldn't fit inside my case. That leaves me with the mcp350 with a 3/8" setup. Was going to use the BIPII (low noise) with a radbox and put it on top of the case but that has 1/2" fittings. I believe the PA120.2 and MCR220 both have 3/8" fittings but it says they have brass cores?? Wouldn't that cause the same corrosion problem as with the exos's and it's aluminum core (aluminum rad-copper block) ?? What would be the best block to use with the mcp350?? Read the Storm is best used with the mcp655. Appreciate any help/advise with setup. Silly question, will temps be that much better compared to the exos even though I'll be using 3/8". TKS.

The MCP350 is a good pump. I think you can use either 1/2" or 3/8" barbs on the BIX2 rad. I have my system plumbed with 3/8" ID tubing and it cools great. The 3/8" tubing can handle tighter bends without kinking too.

Thanks batboy, was thinking of going with the MCR220 because I can use under 80cfm fans for less noise. From what I've read it appears to be a good rad, the BIPII being a little better but having 1/2" fittings. What would be a good block to use with the mcp350?

kenny_k said:
Thanks batboy, was thinking of going with the MCR220 because I can use under 80cfm fans for less noise. From what I've read it appears to be a good rad, the BIPII being a little better but having 1/2" fittings. What would be a good block to use with the mcp350?
You can use which ever fittings you want on both the MCR220 and the BIP, you just screw them in.

Thanks flip-mode. At first I thought the BIP only had 1/2" fittings. I've read the MCR220 is a little better performer than the BIPII ??? I was thinking of going with the mcp350 (because of no space inside case) / MCR220 / Apogee. Using a radbox mount the mcr220 on top of pc, and 3/8" tubing. Opinions anyone?

kenny_k said:
Thanks flip-mode. At first I thought the BIP only had 1/2" fittings. I've read the MCR220 is a little better performer than the BIPII ??? I was thinking of going with the mcp350 (because of no space inside case) / MCR220 / Apogee. Using a radbox mount the mcr220 on top of pc, and 3/8" tubing. Opinions anyone?
Sounds good, get us some pics!

sounds like you might as well get the H20-220 APEX ULTRA from Swiftech. This kit seems to have everything you want.

Probably would have noodlehead but the pump wouldn't fit in my case. Also was thinking t-line to cut down on hose clutter.

What would be good fans for the mcr220? Quiet yet good performance for OC'g.

Back