• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the MCW55

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I have been trying all night to figure this out...

My tubing is 1/2" ID 5/8" OD

I cant figue out how to install this....or, is this strictly for 3/8" ID tubing?

HeatM1ser2k4 said:

I cant figue out how to install this....or, is this strictly for 3/8" ID tubing?
Did you put in the nipples or are you trying to use the push in tabs?

sir_pyro said:
You have to plug an adapter into the ports. It only works with 3/8" nativally.

So, what your saying is I bought the wrong GPU block for a system using 1/2" ID tubing? This GPU block will not be as efficient with cooling because it restricts the flow more, and perhaps even have a negative impact on the entire loop I am guessing.Please offer suggestions on what I should do. I can still return the block, or, if it will not cause loss of efficiency I can keep it.I thought there was a problem when the tubing fit in the input/output holes very snuggly all by itself.

Looks like I'm in a bit of a pickle :bang head

Last edited:
That is a low restriction block that will work just fine if you use the barb adapters. I am using them in SLI with no issues whatsoever. But then, I must be an oddball as I really like my Apogee block also.

Hmmm...
I would imagine that the 3/8" ID of the GPU block, couple with an entire loop based on a 1/2" ID, would cause resistance throughout the entire loop....and that its best to keep all components in the loop the same size.

Is my logic incorrect, and the 3/8" ID will not affect the cooling potential of the GPU and the entire loop?

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
Hmmm...
I would imagine that the 3/8" ID of the GPU block, couple with an entire loop based on a 1/2" ID, would cause resistance throughout the entire loop....and that its best to keep all components in the loop the same size.

Is my logic incorrect, and the 3/8" ID will not affect the cooling potential of the GPU and the entire loop?
Don't worry about it, go to http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw55.asp, look at the optional fittings and thats what you need.
It will not "slow you down" don't worry about it.

Flip-Mode said:
Don't worry about it, go to http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw55.asp, look at the optional fittings and thats what you need.
It will not "slow you down" don't worry about it.
Well, I contacted the vendor and was told that they only will replce the item or issue a credit/refund...so it looks like I will have to place my order again.Since I have to start all over, should I just get another GPU block? Any suggestions on which GPU block I should get?

Just get the nipples dude, everyone runs their MCW blocks with the adapters and it doesn't restrict flow.
Although I was sure the nipples come with the block and you don't need to buy them separately.
Its like every other block out there (most of them) which have the part where you screw in the barbs, that part is 3/8' as well.
For example the Apogee block is 1/4' screw in, or barb fitting.
Get it?

I may be wrong, but I didnt see any adapters.I'll look tonight when I get home.IF I DO have to return this for a replacement, is the Maze4 low-profile acetel a better GPU block?

You need these puppies I think, I'm 99% sure these are the ones you need.
I got them when bought my MCW50 because I got it used but according to the site they are optional.
This whole ID/OD stuff isn't easy to understand at first and it took me few times going back and forth between the pages.
Anyhow, If I was you I would keep the Swifty block.

I have the maze4 actel top, not low profile. Its working great. My card doesnt have a thermal probe built in, and I dont have anyway to monitor it. My card went from overclocking from 380 core to 450 core. Huge improvement. Stock was 320

HeatM1ser2k4 said:

Ok Real easy now. Order this part. (One part no. will do one block).

Attachments

• Sw barbs.jpg
    Sw barbs.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 187
billb said:
Ok Real easy now. Order this part. (One part no. will do one block).
Yeah! Thats what was missing from my purchase, and I read where those fittings were included in the purchase. Thats why I was so confused as to why I couldnt figure it out.Is this fitting an item I can just pick up at Home Depot?

HeatM1ser2k4 said:
Yeah! Thats what was missing from my purchase, and I read where those fittings were included in the purchase. Thats why I was so confused as to why I couldnt figure it out.Is this fitting an item I can just pick up at Home Depot?
Don't think so, I think only Swiftech make them.
You can get them at any vendor that sells water cooling equipment.

Back