• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump to replace eheim 1250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Hey, I need a pump to replace my 1250. I know the option is to get a D5, but I was hoping to stick to a pump that ran off the mains. Hopefully a quiet pump, and a bit stronger than the 1250.

''TDX, Maze4, 120.3, Eheim 1250''

Thanks

Scott

I just prefer it, I can see no down side to it IMO, where as with a pump that runs off the PSU there are. If I can't evoid a 12v pump then i'll use one :).

I can see a problem or two with getting a pump that runs of the mains. These include you need to have an outlet to plug it into so your pump will either be outside your case or you need to have a hole in your case to run the cable through. Either way its not the best looking solution. Besides that you won't get the best performance (yes yes yes the Iwaki pumps exist and kick some major *** but its unlikely he will buy one). That being said any respectable powersupply should have no problem with a D5 pump so I highly suggest you reconsider your criteria. BTW what happened to your Eheim 1250 that you want to replace it?

Well, about a month ago the 1250 started to leak really slowly from the bottom. So yesterday i took it apart, and checked the seal inside the pump (the rubber ring, you will know what i mean if you have taken one apart) Everything looked fine, so i put the pump back together making sure everything was done right. Put it back in the loop, and for about 8 hours everything was fine, then this morning i'm woken up by the sound of air gushing through the pump. If you have a fix that would be great but i cannot see where the problem lies. I've had the pump for almost 2 years.

I guess having a mains pump is just me sticking with what i'm used to.

Thanks

Scott.

hmm, if you can find a way to silencer a danner mag3 pump, then its a good chocie for you. its stonger then the ehiem 1250, It pushes 350GPH max and 10.5FT max head vs the 317 and 6 feet of head with the 1250. you jsut need to seal the barbs and the front plastic piece with silicon sealant and lots of teflon tape.

hmmm, I think i'll end up buying another 1250, reading about the D5 it seems rather loud, and for once i've got a quiet pc. I think i'll try and fix my current 1250 before I buy another one.

Thanks all.

Scott.

The Aquaextreme looks real nice but I can't get hold of one here in the UK as far as I can tell. I Thinks it's gonna have to be the D5.

Thanks for all the help.

Scott.

Back