• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordered from newegg yesterday and...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmorgan

It still has not shipped out 24 hours later and this is on an order for more then 700+dollars. Nothing said it was oos or anthing else. Actully went and made another order a about 12 hours ago for just a hard drive and its already shipped. What the hell about my $700+ worth of stuff. 3 day guaranteed ups. What the hell good does it do if you cant ship a product 24 hours after it was ordered. If you have a problem with filling the order why not give me a call and let me know what the deal is.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Yeah it happens everyone once in a while, theres no guarantee at 24 hrs, but it should ship out within 48. if it doesnt ship by the end of tommorow, id definetly call.

jmorgan said:
It still has not shipped out 24 hours later and this is on an order for more then 700+dollars. Nothing said it was oos or anthing else. Actully went and made another order a about 12 hours ago for just a hard drive and its already shipped. What the hell about my $700+ worth of stuff. 3 day guaranteed ups. What the hell good does it do if you cant ship a product 24 hours after it was ordered. If you have a problem with filling the order why not give me a call and let me know what the deal is.

Well the harddrive shipped immediatly because all that was required was pulling one part, and packing it.

As to the $700 order, they probably already shipped some of it, newegg won't update their order status with tracking numbers until the complete order has shipped.

Many times I've placed a big order to have everything from one of the warehouses go out the 1st day, while one of the other warehouse may take a couple days. Kinda scarey when packages show up on your doorstep for items you didn't think shipped yet.

jmorgan said:

You're over-reacting big time:

(1) Every vendor asks for a few days to complete processing orders. Given that Newegg is so large, you have to give them some slack.

(2) Sometimes items have shipped even though you have not received an e-mail confirmation. Once again, this can be common w/ vendors that have a lot of volume.

(3) 3-day UPS has nothing to do with Newegg's own processing time. Don't confuse to two.

deception``

What is the point of 3 day shipping or 2 day or next day if they dont send the stuff out by the next day you ordered it. Im glad I didnt pay for like 2 day or something else because I would be ****ed not getting it 2 days after i ordered. I placed an order at midnight they had a full day to ship it out. I think thats more then enough time. I have delt with many many large internet companines sumitracing, jegs and all there stuff ships the same day and I orded way more things and weird things from them. Now if some of the stuff is shipped ok cool but what do I do with a motherboard cpu and memory, when I have no case power supply and grphics card? I do understand shipping them seperate but all on the same day would be nice so I could put it together once I get it not wait another day for something im missing.

jmorgan said:
What is the point of 3 day shipping or 2 day or next day if they dont send the stuff out by the next day you ordered it. Im glad I didnt pay for like 2 day or something else because I would be ****ed not getting it 2 days after i ordered. I placed an order at midnight they had a full day to ship it out. I think thats more then enough time. I have delt with many many large internet companines sumitracing, jegs and all there stuff ships the same day and I orded way more things and weird things from them. Now if some of the stuff is shipped ok cool but what do I do with a motherboard cpu and memory, when I have no case power supply and grphics card? I do understand shipping them seperate but all on the same day would be nice so I could put it together once I get it not wait another day for something im missing.

No matter what way you try to rationalize your feelings, the bottom line is that you are not giving this large-volume e-tailer the standard amount of time to get your products to you. I'm sure that things will be shipped if you give them some more time.

deception``

dude jegs and summit racing are way larger then newegg. most all the stuff they carry is big and or heavy and ship the stuff same day every time. I have had some weird orders for some weird stuff thats probably not ordered much and they still had no problem. Standard time was I thought a day? no? I did not order something an hour or 2 before they closed and am ****ed they didnt ship the same day. They had a full day to ship 7 items none of which should be hard to find because they are all some of there top selling items. Everyone says newegg is the **** but this is my first order and have not seen it. Orded some stuff from svc and they had no problem getting my stuff out way before newegg did.

Last edited:
jmorgan said:
dude jegs and summit racing are way larger then newegg. most all the stuff they carry is big and or heavy and ship the stuff same day every time. I have had some weird orders for some weird stuff thats probably not ordered much and they still had no problem. Standard time was I thought a day? no? I did not order something an hour or 2 before they closed and am ****ed they didnt ship the same day. They had a full day to ship 7 items none of which should be hard to find because they are all some of there top selling items. Everyone says newegg is the **** but this is my first order and have not seen it. Orded some stuff from scv and they had no problem getting my stuff out way before newegg did.

No need to be so uptight.

I never said Newegg was the greatest; I personally like to use a plethora of other vendors b/c I find Newegg's prices are somewhat high. However, Newegg is typically very good about processing orders - sometims they are slow to actually REPORT them (i.e., display updated info on the site or send an e-mail prompt), but they're pretty good about processing & packaging nonetheless.

Considering that you have said this is your first time buying from them, why don't you take some advice from people that use them regularly and give them the benefit of the doubt?

deception``

I am trying to thats why I posted here asking if this is normal, just a little worried if it takes another day to ship that it could be next monday before it gets here

"We're here to help!"

jmorgan said:

Hello jmorgan and fellow OC FORUM members,

As you may know, although about 90% of orders ship the same day that they are placed we do have a 1-2 business day processing time for all orders placed on our website. The UPS 3 day shipment is from the day the order is shipped.

It would be safe to assume that the order for the hard drive was processed quicker due to the lower dollar amount of the order. The larger order goes thru a little bit more verification. We simply do this to protect our customer from any fraudulent activities. When further information is needed to process a customer order the customer is contacted via email. Due to the volume of customer we service everyday, email communication is the most efficient way to contact every customer.

We would like to make sure that your order is being processed properly. If you could please provide me with your Sales Order number (SO#) thru PM I will be glad to assist you.

Another way to check if the Egg has actually shipped your order is to log into their website and check your order status. It will be updated on the website well before they send you an email showing it as shipped a lot of times. I placed an order yesterday morning for a Big Typhoon and by yesterday evening they were showing it as shipped on their website (and also by clicking the tracking number link), but I didn't get email notification that is was shipped until early this morning.

I have been checking online under my account. It shows my case has shipped out of the CA location but my motherboard, memory, raptor, dvd burner and power supply have still not shipped out of NJ.

jmorgan said:
I have been checking online under my account. It shows my case has shipped out of the CA location but my motherboard, memory, raptor, dvd burner and power supply have still not shipped out of NJ.

Just because it's guaranteed 3 day shipping does not guarantee your order will be processed in one day. Virtually all vendors do not guarantee your order will be processed and shipped same day, Newegg usually processes the order in 24 hours but with that said, it sometimes takes a bit longer such as when you make a large order.

Your overreacting, my advise is to have a little patience.

Newegg support checked on my order for me and its now shipped out. They had a problem with snow (I dont even know what snow is because I live in Texas) should get here on Friday w00t :)

Thanks Newegg,
Jason

Yeah, us folks from the deep South don't even think of stuff like snow hindering anything. We get enough snow to make the ground white about once every 10-15 years. ;)

Back