• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compaq memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

i need to change my new compaq memory because its probable with some problem (i cant run it in ECC mode - both mem and mobo support that) and the options i have r compaq with modules by toshiba or by samsung. the first time i chose the toshiba made one but now i have the possibility to ask u guys.. which one should i better go for? both has the same specs.
thanks.

Just order some from Crucial. They have a menu system that will let you specify the type of memory your system takes exactly and it's better quality than those choices. Will be cheaper and have free shipping to boot.

Crucial.com.

I have an older Compaq thats out of service now, but it accepted any type of 184-pin SDRAM.

thanks jon. actually i dont know if im happy or not about this. it seems CUV4X-E takes any kind of memory - registered, ECC, parity, anyone - so the problem must be right at my memory stick. unfortunately id pay 30 bucks more for shipping and i beleive i cant get my compaq's money back.

Back