• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who else here hates UPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlitzPuppet

Ordered a WC-202 on the 8th and it was scheduled for delivery on wed the 15th of feb. This morning I woke up and saw it was in my city and was "out for delivery" I got excited and took off from my afternoon class because that is the time UPS usually shows up. Long story short it's 7:30 and the package still isn't here, I feel like I wasted my whole day sitting around doing nothing. I rechecked my tracking # and yes, it is still out for delivery. I called the UPS phone number to see what the tracking on the phone said. All that said was simply "Is on time for delivery on Wed the 15th".

No more UPS for me, only fedex...atleast fedex gives an approx. time that they will be delivering the package.

First off, :welcome: to the forums!!!

I stopped using UPS a while ago, even though fed ex trashed a case, I still prefer them... Fedex would of had it at your door on monday :\

not me, i love ups. i'm going to marry it when i get older.

i'm sorry but bashing shippers is pointless. if you pay for faster delivery you get it. and if everything says it is out for delivery, it probably is.

maybe the driver got a flat tire, maybe hawaiian tropic girls ambushed him... :shrug:

This actually goes in Vendor Discussion, and there's a thread or two on UPS already. Don't worry, I'm on it.

Welcome to the Forums! :)

I paid the minimum cost to ship a 50+ pound package from New York to Minisota (sp?) and it was less than $27--and got there in 3 days, 1 day ahead of schedule. Nothing wrong with UPS.

most of the time my packages come ontime/early from ups, but quite often they mess up and come a day late. once they even lost a package for about 8 days and then when they found it they just started it back up on the ground route... they obviously don't care about their customers.

Shipping carriers get fanboys... LOL! Profession forum posters! LOL!

So, who here is on Fedex's payroll? :p

I hate them all equally... all are a day late for me. Occasionally I get it on the day it was supposed to arrive, from either carrier. I always pick whatever newegg or ZZF ships cheaper with...

UPS is cheaper. Their delivery system really doesn't make sense. To me anyway. Took the 4 days to get from the Egg (CA) to Portland OR. Supposed to be in Spokane WA tomorrow. Hurry up and wait? Maybe the other way around.

MVC said:
I paid the minimum cost to ship a 50+ pound package from New York to Minisota (sp?) and it was less than $27--and got there in 3 days, 1 day ahead of schedule. Nothing wrong with UPS.

Minnesota Lol not that hard to spell bro :p :)

I've posted this before and I will again. I used to work for UPS. We once had a package that missed a flight for 2-day. They bought a seat from a commercail carrier, several hundred dollars, to get it there on time. The package was worth virtually nothing in comparison.

All carriers screw up, so what..

well finally got my package at 9:00pm, it was a new guy who didn't know where the hell he was.

I was only upset about the inconsistancy between the two sources from UPS. The phone source said they were going to deliver on the 15th, online said they were going to deliver on the 14th.....pick one, lol.

ups has always been on time for me....but i will say that sometimes the condition of the packages arent all that great. I've tried all the shipping couriers, and so far UPS on average delivers my packages in the worst shape but i have not had anything damaged in shipping yet.

i will say that my friend just had a TV shipped to her via UPS (advised her against it but she didnt listen) and the TV was destroyed. Screen was cracked in a couple different places, packaging was torn up and taped up with UPS stickers....they stilll delivered it on time at least! hahha

NoodleHead said:
ups has always been on time for me....but i will say that sometimes the condition of the packages arent all that great. I've tried all the shipping couriers, and so far UPS on average delivers my packages in the worst shape but i have not had anything damaged in shipping yet.

i will say that my friend just had a TV shipped to her via UPS (advised her against it but she didnt listen) and the TV was destroyed. Screen was cracked in a couple different places, packaging was torn up and taped up with UPS stickers....they stilll delivered it on time at least! hahha

Thats too bad that UPS doesn't honor any insurance claims on glass items. Hopefully it wasn't an expensive TV or anything...

Who else here hates UPS?

Not me!!

I enjoy watching tracking, showing 3 packages arriving at the local warehouse on Sunday, with delivery dates on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and having the truck show up on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

The stupid people at FedEx, would just put ALL of the packages on Monday's truck, and not get to travel down my road 3 times!

Go UPS!!

Stupid FedEx!!

steve

Oh, I just checked with a large (egg shaped) e-tailer, who just switched over to UPS for shipping, their default shipper for a CRT monitor, is UPS.

A CRT monitor, basically is a TV. (It's got a LOT of glass in it.)

steve

To clarify, neither UPS nor USPS will honor claims made for packages insured that have broken glass in them. For example, there are several vendors who ship 6' florescent light bulbs in pretty well packed boxes through UPS, however when they break (~2/3 in my experience), the vendor has to eat the cost to resend the items. Same deal when people put all their dishes in one 60# box with one piece of newspaper around all the dishes--> box-o-dust.

I've personally seen several 17-21" viewsonic monitors thrown pretty far with no damage (you'd hear it). Those guys know how to pack a monitor, because if they didn't, they'd be out of business due to having to replace stuff out of their pocket.

schnikies79 said:
I've posted this before and I will again. I used to work for UPS. We once had a package that missed a flight for 2-day. They bought a seat from a commercail carrier, several hundred dollars, to get it there on time. The package was worth virtually nothing in comparison.

All carriers screw up, so what..
I've said this before and will again. Canpar. I don't work for them, never have, probably never will, but they have treated me well. I'm not saying I'd give Canpar one of my kidneys, but if Canpar ever got accused of stealing someone else's kidney I'd be more than happy to testify in court that Canpar and I were at my place playing cards at the time, whatever time that was.

Back