• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake memory coolers $6.95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
Fry's has Thermaltake memory cooler sets on SALE this week for $6.95 ! Not bad ...... :cool:

ermm.. i've got a set on each of my ddr dimms, and they didn't do anything for me. i don't feel as bad when i bump the voltage past 2.8v, but even then i don't gain much.. but i spose for $6.50 they make your ram look really cool! :)

proze said:
ermm.. i've got a set on each of my ddr dimms, and they didn't do anything for me. i don't feel as bad when i bump the voltage past 2.8v, but even then i don't gain much.. but i spose for $6.50 they make your ram look really cool! :)

Haha, tha't what I figured. But I'm with you on the voltage thing, I've got mine at 2.9V and that kind've scares me even though they don't feel all that warm. Just got them for peace of mind and, of course, they look cool!

where could i get those?? links please...

'cos my Corsia PC2400 is "only" running at 150MHz 2.7v......will upping the voltage help?? how high?? 2.8v?? :confused:

thought/heard they could do better than that.....155 or even 160+ is what i'm looking for.....

SVCompucycle.com in the chipset cooler section.

I have my Crucial PC2100 running at 166MHz and 2.9V. No heat issues as of now but thought heat spreaders may help a little...not looking to bump it up anymore than where I am now. For the price they were worth a try.

use the heat spreaders and a BIG fan and u can get 3.3V!!!! (Sdram runs at that...)
Just watch the heat of them and don't use all your memory at once in case it frys!
What does everyone else think about 3.3v.......?

Mine only has jumpers for 2.9V and going that high made me nervous.

I wouldn't want to go 3.3V (much less anything over 2.9V) unless I had money to burn.

i'd be afraid of 3.3v... ddr has a different structure to sdram, so one running at 3.3v doesn't mean the other will. have you tried it yet?

memory coolers

i've got these on my system as well ,, yall will love this i have attached a thermaltake chipset fan to them as well ,, with my motherboard (msi kt-266) i dont have the room to install 3 heatsinks ,,so i put them on the side and used 2 screws to attach it to the heatsink ,,now voltage can go real high whoooooooooooooo ill let you know how much,, but memory has been set at 2 instead of default wich is 2.5:cool:

They might not help much but they look cool. I got black anodized ones just to match my BP. :D

Back