• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 98 logon password

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theoilman

In my technology class I built a computer from scrap parts. I would like to use it as a folding rig, however I need to get online, and my teacher doesn't know the logon name or the password so I can't get online. Is there anyway to find these out or just cancel them altogether and still be able to access the internet?

You should be able to click cancel to log on, then set it up so it dosen't go through the old network setup.

Or, If you're trying to get online throught the school network, you need to know a userID and password that has already been created.

You could also just reformat :)

you talking network logon right ...

cant you just delete the network and re-install it ...assuming you have your disk

No I don't have the disk, the guy also installed several networking programs that might have something to do with it, hes got all these network testers and cisco networking programs installed that might be messing with my settings.

just format dude, it's the best and easiest solution...or reinstall if 98 is already on there, that way you wont lose ur apps, but i don't know if that resets network logons and stuff

Its been a while, but with 98, you don't need one. If I remember correctly, when the message comes up, ignore it, or hit cancel. If it's a network logon, thats a different story.

Back