• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Java failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemings

I was not sure where to post this, so please move it mods if it is in the wrong location.

Any how, ever since I built this system Java has been acting up on it. At first it was just a minor freeze of around 3 seconds, now it has come to the point whenever I open a java aplet or a program built around Java it crashes the whole system. I have tried uninstalling the drivers for Java, yet even then during the uninstillation process it throws the system into a crash. I don't use java a whole lot which is probably why I just looked the other way for so long, but now it is affecting my Mirc and that just will not stand! :p. Any help would be very welcomed as I am just about out of ideas about how to fix this issue.

System Specs:

Epox 9npa Ultra
EVGA 7800 GT (Using dual monitors along with this also)
2gb G.Skill
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Venice)
Hitachi t7k250 (250gb)

Thanks in advance
------------------
Lemings

Sorry, forgot to include the version of it. But any way, 5.0 update 6 is what I am using now. Thanks for the help any way however.

As simple as it sounds, try clearing your browser cache if you haven't already. After uninstalling Java, check to make sure it was a clean uninstall... by checking the Program files folder for remnants of leftover files in the Java directory, and then deleting them manually before reinstalling. You may also want to reboot after uninstalling the software, and before reinstalling it. You could also try Sun's Java FAQ and troubleshooters, which are available at their support site.

Back