• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monarch Computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

I will never get anything from here again. I placed an order on the 9th for an Opteron 150 and they have still yet to ship. I have placed about ten emails to them in different areas and they won't respond. It seems the only way that they respond is if you have a bare bones system from them according to thier forums. This is driving me nuts because they have already taken $325 dollars from my debit card and nothing to show for it.

avalanche83 said:
I will never get anything from here again. I placed an order on the 9th for an Opteron 150 and they have still yet to ship. I have placed about ten emails to them in different areas and they won't respond. It seems the only way that they respond is if you have a bare bones system from them according to thier forums. This is driving me nuts because they have already taken $325 dollars from my debit card and nothing to show for it.

call them up and tell them whats going on. i buy from them all the time(im local) and they never give me any crap, even on returns of stuff thats opened.

its a general rule of thumb, that when order from monarch dont expect your **** to ship for 2-3weeks

avalanche83 said:
I'm going to tomarrow. Hopefully I can get through to somebody to make sure that they haven't misplaced my order or something.

closed sunday/monday FTL.

cancel your order and just order from somewhere else. id offer to pick it up for you, but that would be a hassle.

Follow up

Called them today and they seem to have sold me an out of stock item. If someone gets something from here I would suggest calling them (1-800-611-0875) to make shure it is in stock because their website isn't always fully updated.

Unfortunately, with Monarch, that is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). There have been many thready about Monarch's questionable time estimates, stock on hand issues and lack of customer notification. I have been there myself and feel your pain.

to re-clarify what i stated earlier, theres a reason monarchs prices are lower ~ so you dont cancel your order when it takes them weeks to ship it cuz you got "the cheapest price around"

i wish we could just sticki something about monarch

Monarch is full of liars. you ask them and they tell you what you want to hear, only to start the cycle of dissapointment.
i wont ever buy from monarch again.

I have had a couple bad experiences with monarch in the past. Really turned me off bigtime.

Last year they had the best price on a 146 opteron, as I was placing my order I called them

I said to the person that in the past they were very lackluster to say the LEAST and I wanted assurance that if they took my $200+ $6 for 2 day shipping that they would ship in 48 hours at the most and I would have my cpu within 5 days at the most.

I said if you do this and make it right I will come back, if not then I wont ever bother again, simple as that.

I wasnt rude or disrespectful I just told them what I wanted and afterall its exactly what they claim to do, ship within 1-2 days correct ?

Anyway they had me my 146 in 3 days lol, and 2 weeks later I ordered a 144 without issue.

A couple weeks back I seen they had the best deal on a x1900xt from HIS was $485 after MIR, what did I do ??

I CALLED THEM, I said this is a $500 item, I dont want any BS going on, I said I am spending $500 here and i can take it elsewhere, please dont make me wait and keep me updated is all I ask, THEY ACTUALLY CALLED ME WHEN IT SHIPPED :p

Monarch is like a lazy redheaded step child, if you slap it in the back of the head once in a while, it gets up and moves.

Rattle said:
I have had a couple bad experiences with monarch in the past. Really turned me off bigtime.

Last year they had the best price on a 146 opteron, as I was placing my order I called them

I said to the person that in the past they were very lackluster to say the LEAST and I wanted assurance that if they took my $200+ $6 for 2 day shipping that they would ship in 48 hours at the most and I would have my cpu within 5 days at the most.

I said if you do this and make it right I will come back, if not then I wont ever bother again, simple as that.

I wasnt rude or disrespectful I just told them what I wanted and afterall its exactly what they claim to do, ship within 1-2 days correct ?

Anyway they had me my 146 in 3 days lol, and 2 weeks later I ordered a 144 without issue.

A couple weeks back I seen they had the best deal on a x1900xt from HIS was $485 after MIR, what did I do ??

I CALLED THEM, I said this is a $500 item, I dont want any BS going on, I said I am spending $500 here and i can take it elsewhere, please dont make me wait and keep me updated is all I ask, THEY ACTUALLY CALLED ME WHEN IT SHIPPED :p

Monarch is like a lazy redheaded step child, if you slap it in the back of the head once in a while, it gets up and moves.
sticki! lmao

lmao

you know I just dont see why people dont pick up the phone.
you should not have any problem doing so, you are giving people YOUR MONEY, when somone takes my money for a service or a product THEY WILL BE HEARING FROM ME :argue:

pick up the phone people, people are way different on the phone then thru an email. You will get better results. Another thing I have found with monarch and I hope they read this, most of the guys they have answering the phone are complete freaking retards, they are totally rude, ignorant and obviously have NO sales skills at ALL and do not understand the meaning of the customer is always right.

On the other hand everytime I have got a woman on the other end all I got was politeness, cheeriness, giggles and reassurance it will be taken care of and it always was :shrug:

Must be my deep voice ?

I guess I got lucky. I ordered my 65 from them at like 11 am and it was shipped at 5 pm the same day. Arrived two days later.

avalanche83 said:
Follow up

Called them today and they seem to have sold me an out of stock item. If someone gets something from here I would suggest calling them (1-800-611-0875) to make shure it is in stock because their website isn't always fully updated.

they do this ALL THE TIME. call them first to make sure they have the item in stock. they list celeron cpu's as instock, but they dont even carry them anymore.

HAHAHA

wow. amazing. thats the best thing i have read in a while. and its true apparently

for everyone bitching, ive never had a problem at the retail outlet. ive returned tons of stuff to them OPENED(return clearly says non opened) and they took it back and gave me full credit. obviously newegg is the way to go as far as online ordering. they are THE BEST at fast shipping.

Wow...I heard that Monarch was slow at time with processing and shipping orders, but I didnt know that they were so bad untill I read this thread.Its a pity,too, since they spend alot of money to advertise in magazines like Maximun PC, which has a special section for such gripes: the Watchdog.Unfortunately, I highly doubt that Maximun PC would ever investigate these unethical business practices because they may lose advertising money if they uncovered such information.Did they charge your credit card for a purchase that hasnt shipped yet,despite placing the order weeks ago? I believe that is federal fraud(if its over $500.00, and a violation of many federal policies, including FCC regulations).If they charged your card, but have failed to ship anything, you might want to look into your options and if this is illegal. Essentially, it could appear as though their business practices allow them to "Borrow" your money for a few weeks without fulfilling your order, or fulfilling it at a time other than they specified. Its a common tactic that has come under scrutiny recently due to a company that was selling computers to people and never shipping them or paying the vendors they bought from.I think the scam was mainly affecting Pennsylvanians.This is quite unfortunate, since they may also be guilty of false advertising. If the price of the CPU is cheaper at another vendor when Monarch finally does ship your product, then I'm pretty sure that they are guilty of several federal violations.And, they definately advertise that they have the cheapest prices on AMD CPU's. The price today, however, does not dictate the price tomorrow.I hope you get this resolved, and thanks for the warning.

josh478 said:
for everyone bitching, ive never had a problem at the retail outlet. ive returned tons of stuff to them OPENED(return clearly says non opened) and they took it back and gave me full credit. obviously newegg is the way to go as far as online ordering. they are THE BEST at fast shipping.

My apologies for pointing this out, but your comments are unfounded and not applicable to this situation due to the fact that your talking about a walk-in purchase rather than an internet purchase...what, do you really expect that you'd walk in to make a several hundred dollar purchase and walk out without the product after paying? Things are very different when you can take a complaint to someone in person,rather than hoping that someone decides to reply to an e-mail.

Last edited:
I feel as a consumer, I shouldn't have to call them up and hold their hand so they can perform their job in their advertised time frame. Do you call other places to make sure everything they have listed is there and that they will actually get around to filling your order when you place an order? If I did this with every company I deal with via the internet or through catalogue sales, I would spend half my day on the phone.

I was just about to get a refund on my order and get it for $20 cheaper somwhere else when they said they had finally mailed it. Too bad they didn't respnd to my emails sooner.

Back