• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumprep 0 -k will not stop starting with XP..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Ok guys... I've unchecked this NUMEROUS times in MSconfig and even shut it off in the advanced properties under My Computer. How the heck to I get this thing to stop starting up when I start XP???

Try removing the Dumprep.exe entry in the Registry. Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Run

In the RH pane, right click the Dumprep String value and select Delete... then restart the PC.

its probably runing as a service...

start/run type services.msc

dumprep.exe forms a part of Microsoft Windows XP (and later versions), in-built fault logging software. Upon serious errors this program will write the details to a text file and request the information be sent to Microsoft. This program is a non-essential system process, and is installed for third party use.

so just stop it from running then disable it :)

right click on my computer go to properties, go to the advanced tab, sytem and recovery settings, go to the bottom where it says write debugging information put it to none, thats how i did it, if im not right do a google.

Back