• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speeding up windows bootup and USB issue..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iNSiGMA

Hey, I got two quick questions...

I want to speedup my Windows XP SP2 boot-up time. It takes quite a while, how long, I'm not sure, but i've tried the following things listed below... They have cut a bit off the time but there must be something I'm not doing if I am reading about people being at their desktop in 15-30 or 45seconds.

- Bootvis optimization
- XP services management - disabled unneeded xp services
- XP Startup programs - disabled unneeded programs from auto start
- Start menu Startup folder - EMPTY
- Put HD as FIRST boot device in BIOS.
- Moved page file to the 2nd HD
- /NOGUI boot option

In my startup I've got NAV2006, Nvidia Soundstorm cp and Nvidia settings manager (Even tho i though i disabled it from startup.. have to do it AGAIN). For the system listed in my signature, i'd expect much faster boot than what I have now. What else can I do?

Also, as far as my USB Problem. XP thinks I have USB1.1, but this board is 2.0. I was told to uninstall all hardware in the Device managed that mentions USB, and restart. Well I done that and it still detects my USB as 1.1 and installs the Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller...
What can I do about this?

Thanks for your time!

Back