• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major windows problem. Help asap!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusdagoos

Last night i uninstalled and then reinstalled photoshop and for some reason that messed up my computer. I restarted and got a invalid boot.ini error and then it goes into windows but all i see is a cursor and nothing happens. I used the recovery console on my xp cd and checked the hard drive and it does have errors and i rebuilt bootcfg but still nothing. All i want is to get my pictures off that thing! help!

Take the drive and pop it into another computer with xp. Make it a slave drive and see if you can recover the files you need off the drive.

Keep pressing the F8 key while booting to get to the boot menu, select SAFE MODE, you can now get to the files you want. you might need a thumb drive to get them off. THEN go to start>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE and select the "restore my computer to an earlier time" now you will see a calendar pop up, the dates in big bold face are system restore points you can choose from. select one from about a week before the date that the problems started. the computer will reboot and restore to that time, this might solve your system problems

Back