• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best video CODECS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

I have a Media Center PC, I've noticed there are many different versions of the same video CODECS out there. Any ideas on which ones are the best and most stable? I'm specifically looking for Xvid and Divx CODECS, mine keep getting corrupted and/or don't sync video and audio well. Thanks

Wathnix said:
I have a Media Center PC, I've noticed there are many different versions of the same video CODECS out there. Any ideas on which ones are the best and most stable? I'm specifically looking for Xvid and Divx CODECS, mine keep getting corrupted and/or don't sync video and audio well. Thanks

You can give K-Lite Codec a try. After i install this codec pack, i've never had to worry about not playing a certain movie. Click on the link below and download the 2.70 codec full pack.

Link: http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Just my 2 cents worth :p

I prefer the Matroska pack . Just be sure to run Ad-Aware or something when you get done . I dl'd it from one place and it was full of it , but the next dl ws just fine .

Jimbob7 said:

this one i recommend:
ACE Mega CodecS Pack 6.03 - Professional Edition updated
This is the lastest and greatest release of famous ACE Mega CoDecS Pack.
Last update: 21 Dec 2004 | License: Freeware | Size: 49.2MB | Downloads: 1847364

So far it's played everything ive downloaded ;)

Xoligy said:
this one i recommend:
ACE Mega CodecS Pack 6.03 - Professional Edition updated
This is the lastest and greatest release of famous ACE Mega CoDecS Pack.
Last update: 21 Dec 2004 | License: Freeware | Size: 49.2MB | Downloads: 1847364

So far it's played everything ive downloaded ;)
Thats my choice as well.

Back