• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System Build's Will You Get VISTA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm planning on upgrading at the end of the year to A64x2 and hopfully a DDR2 + AM2 motherboard combo. I might as well get what's latest if I can at the end of year but I don't know about VISTA sure I'd love to stay XP to be honest. Vista has some cool features but I've got so used to XP now it'll be like upgrading for Win 98 to XP all over again.

I notice it has some features of XP so that's nice but anyways to the point if by any chance your in the same boat. And your planning on a new system build at of year near VISTA launch would you install XP for now on it or build it up waiting for VISTA the next day to be released. And which version of VISTA would you buy I'd like something to match my XP Pro version.

PS: Would XP notice DDR2 memory and AM2 at that time cause I wonder how fast it would make XP run?

I won't be buying Vista until it has been used some, and has all of the bugs worked out. I already have XP Pro and am happy with it, besides which most of the features that I was looking forward to in Vista won't seem to be out with it at release.

I will probably be installing Vista on a spare system as a test whenever MS sends me my free copy after release. Other than that I am in no real rush to install it, especially with this DRM stuff menaing I might need to buy a new monitor, etc. just to see a video.

I'll be upgrading to Vista because it'll give me some new sh17 to mess around with. Sure it might have its quirks to begin with, but it's a change of scenery at least :).

Binny.

i will

i will buy it on my next build if not i will on one after i like to have the best things so ill get best version aswell

I'm in the process of putting together my new system (Asus A8N-E and a dual core - 3800 or opty 165). and I was wondering what OS to install, XP or XP-64. I'm also going to play with Vista and Vista-64. I'm on MSDN so I have all of them sitting around waiting to be played with. Since the new guy isn't needed for anything immediately it seems like a good idea to just play with the various OS's. I'll see what works and what doesn't. I was looking at the disks last night and there is a 64 bit build of SQL Server, I guess I'll try that.

Back