• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows X64 Lowers Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir. BOBSONATOR

I had Win XP Pro 32 and could get into windows stable at 2700mhz with 1.58-1.6 volts, now i cant get past 2650 on X64.

Do you think the OS puts more strain on the processer since it is using 64 bits?

Thanks for the replies.

I had a similar problem.. I could clockgen my opterons to 2.15 stable, and 2.4 on a suicide run.

XP64 Stops me right around 2ghz. I don't know what I'm gonna do.. It seems XP64 is performing worse in most cases.. Sucks to waste those bits tho ;- ]

That's quite true... On many suicide runs on this CPU @ 2.70 ghz, it would run SPi with no problems..

After some benching, I gave HL2 a go (64bit engine now), and I got a blue screen just as it started to load.

I guess I could probably run 2.7 stable on a 32bit environment, but I'm happy with 2.65 and 64bit environment :)

dan

Back