• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon.com Sucks! (I was hasty in my bashing, read post #9)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3@k3r

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $24.99
Shipping & Handling: $6.17
------
Total before tax: $31.16
Estimated Tax: $2.73
------
Total for this Order: $33.89

Shipping estimate for these items: February 24, 2006
Delivery estimate: March 3, 2006 - March 7, 2006
1 "SYSKONNECT 10/100/1000BT DESKTOP ADAPTER ( SK-9521 V2.0 )"
Electronics; $24.99

ok these guys officially are off my buy list now...

dude... 3 days to get the damn thing packaged and shipped... than 7 days for shipping? thats bull****..

and the reason why i chose amazon?

#1 - only x1 pcie gigabit network card in stock (low profile a +)
#2 - network card was $24.99, where newegg was $35-$80
#3 - no other online company had good enough ratings
#4 - newegg was outta stock on the cheap ones and only had a dlink for $80
#5 - AMAZON.COM IS LOCAL! not sure about their whearehouse

WTF!

any other crappy experiences with them?

Last edited:
so you're basing this on an estimate? let us know when you recieve it.

<3 amazon for me... good times. Ship anywhere you want since it could be a 'gift'. Great for those of us who don't live at billing address.

Your situation sucks though, tell us when you get it also, could just be a messed up estimate.

Fr3@k3r said:
yeah i will... but cmon.. estimated time to ship package is 3 days? it took newegg less than 24hours, Xoxide 12 hours, and a few other places same day... i know they are a big company but you would think it wouldnt take that long, even for an estimate.

These companies may have shipped in less time but almost always say on their sites and emails that it may take up to 48 or 72 hours to process depending on company.

As for shipping, your order could be coming from any of the locations below if it is not a drop ship item.

Amazon.com said:
Fulfillment and Warehouse Centers

We receive, pack, and ship tens of millions of items from our global network of fulfillment centers.

North America

* Phoenix, Arizona
* New Castle, Delaware
* Coffeyville, Kansas
* Campbellsville, Kentucky
* Hebron, Kentucky
* Lexington, Kentucky
* Fernley, Nevada
* Red Rock, Nevada
* Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
* Carlisle, Pennsylvania
* Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
* Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

Let us know how it turns out.

S_Wilson said:
These companies may have shipped in less time but almost always say on their sites and emails that it may take up to 48 or 72 hours to process depending on company.

As for shipping, your order could be coming from any of the locations below if it is not a drop ship item.

Let us know how it turns out.

you would freaking think that since they are based outta err.. i think redmond or seattle.. or around that area.. that they would actually HAVE a freaking shipping location in washington close to their headquarters.

Fr3@k3r said:
you would freaking think that since they are based outta err.. i think redmond or seattle.. or around that area.. that they would actually HAVE a freaking shipping location in washington close to their headquarters.

Beleive it or not, many companies warehouses are not even close to their Headquarters.

Amazon has a nice selection. The shipping is crap. Customer servies is very poor.

I ordered a magize for a housemate as a chrismas pressent late november. February I e-mail the asking where the mag was. No reply two weeks later the mag is dropped off.

I ordered a $100+ wine/bottle rack at the same time. Two weeks later I get the package and its the wrong one. I had to send it back, by he time I got it back it was almost 6 weeks after I placed the order.

One thing I do like is the used games. You can fnd alot of hard to get titles cheap.

I recently orders a CD for my GF V-day gift, a week later it still wasn't shipped(I ordered early) So Sunday 12th I ordered chocolates for her as well. Both showed up the next day.

Amazon is great on shipping. The give you long estimates even though the stuff usually ships out in 1 day...Hope this is a lesson to just wait and see how things turn out before you judge. =]

i can officially say i love amazon.com now but their freaking estimates sucks ballz...

UPS gave me a delivery date of the 28th :) which ill also get my package from performance-pcs and probably xoxide.. anyways it still says estimated delivery date of march 7th on the amazon.com account page lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back