• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg customer service is Eggcellent!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dawei213

Well, I must say, they do live up to their great customer service reputation even after growing so big since their inception 5 years ago.

As some of you know, I had a problem with the an Epox 9NPA+ Sli motherboard I've ordered from them a month ago (Jan 18th), along with 90% of my components. I was having temperature problems with the board so I decided to RMA it for a refund and get the DFI. Well, I got an RMA number on Feb 4th and called them to see if I can get a refund on the shipping but I will eat the cost of the restocking fee since I feel I got a jacked up board any how. They said no. Ok, I wasn't surprised but still procrastinated shipping the motherboard until the 14th.

I originally was going to ship it FedEx ground, but if I did, it would've arrive at Newegg on Feb 20th (Monday) since they don't deliver on Saturday Feb 18th. I wasn't sure if 1 business day makes a difference or not but I called up Newegg again to make sure. I got a rep named Jason, told him about my shipping situation and asked him if it was ok to be late one business day and he said no. They are strict about the 30 day return requirement. With that, he asked how much it would cost to ship it 3 days. I told him it would cost around $29 (from Fedex.com), which is $20 more than Ground shipping. He then told me he will issue me a credit of $20 to cover the extra charge for 3 day shipping PLUS he will not charge me the restocking fee when I return the motherboard. I was floored by this! I was surprised that they would pay the extra $20 for the 3 day shipping versus the 4 day but I was definitely pleasantly surprised when he said he'll remove the restocking fee. This is great! The only bad thing was shipping actually costed me $38 for 3 day Fedex.

Well, fast forward today. They did receive the motherboard on the 17th and I finally got the credit back onto my card but not the credit to cover the shipping charges. I decided to do a live chat with a newegg rep and got Alize. I told her my situation. She asked me how much did Jason said he was going to credit me. I told her $20. Then I explained to her that shipping did acutally cost $38 and I still have the receipt to prove it. She said the most she can credit me is $25 then, which I then agree to. This whole process took me 3 minutes. It was very simple and pleasant.

All in all, I've been a Newegg customer for the past 4 years and they have proved they are to grow and able to maintain the same level of customer service quality as before.

"Hey, thats awesome!"

Hey dawei213,

That's great to hear. We are glad that you received the service that you, along with all our loyal Newegg customers, deserve. Thanks for taking the time to post your informative comment about our service.

If you or anyone else needs assistance with an order please feel free to PM myself and I will glad to provide my assistance.

short story..i do a lot of purchasing both personal and business from numerous companies and Newegg is far and away the best company i have dealt with. it really is a pleasure doing business with them..

i dont want to even get started on my love for newegg. they should be in the cirque de soleil the way they bend over backwards for their customers.

I just ordered a mousepad about 4 hours ago and it already shipped 2 hours ago. I only ordered a mousepad but now I can enjoy it monday :>

I agree, any problems i had they sorted asap, great company :)

Too bad i can't order much there any more, seen as they charge tax in NJ, its just not practical to order any big items.

My Next shopping bill is going to be ~4K, but only around $250 will go to newegg now seen as after tax and shipping i can save $250 by spreading it over zzf and monarch.

But anyways, A+ for newegg service :)

My one Newegg rant. Stop listing items in stock and getting my hopes up until the final checkout process!!! I got through all the motions, select shipping address, card on file, and click to verify order and get:

"Item(s) N82E16814143047 removed from your order due to insufficient stock. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Grrr!!! Stop letting me down! Thats twice this week I have got this on a BFG 7900 GTX card. First time I got it day after release, then you listed as "Out of Stock / Auto Notify". I checked tonight and it was listed as in stock again and did the checkout motions, but...

"Item(s) N82E16814143047 removed from your order due to insufficient stock. We apologize for any inconvenience."

*Sigh*

To the OP: Customer Service does rock. I have honestly spent close to 10k in the last few years with them building multiple PCs for myelf, friends, and family. Everything else is A+++ service.

to the first poster, that pun in the title is terrible

TERRIBLE --you should be ashamed, bad puns are very dangerous and need to be used with discretion!!

like when giving lectures to students, sit coms, and key note speeches for large corporations

and to get back on topic, i've always gotten everything i've ordered from newegg very fast, never had anything broken

Newegg Support said:
Hey dawei213,

That's great to hear. We are glad that you received the service that you, along with all our loyal Newegg customers, deserve. Thanks for taking the time to post your informative comment about our service.

If you or anyone else needs assistance with an order please feel free to PM myself and I will glad to provide my assistance.

Ahahah, Awesome Newegg has a support member.

Anyways dawei213, that is well above and beyond the call of duty. Most places could have said tuff luck, sorry we can't do that. It wasn't Newegg's obligation to even care how much it cost you, yet they still decided to cover most of the shipping and even wave the restocking fee. That's why I've spent well over a few thousand there, Exactly why.

Back