• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mwave F**KED me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

so i had a post a few weeks ago, ordered a gigabyte ga-g1975X motherboard and asus p5wd2-p mb from them, got the gigabyte and in the bios it was saying my 12v and 5 v voltages were screwy, so i figured rma it, tried the asus board wouldnt post, soo ok, now ****ed, tried every new configuration with it nothing.. ok rma them both, called up mwave, they said no problem, sent them out, get an email a week later the cpu sockets on both boards are damaged, .. well thats odd they were fine when i sent them out... call mwave give me the run around about them being damaged so i said fine and that they had sent them out back to me, so another week goes by no mbs so i call them up, they are still there they havnt been shipped yet, becuase they had no confirmation, so they said they are sending them back, they send them back and on BOTH BOARDS, theres a pinn pulled out and BENT!!!! i wish i had a camera to show this!!! its pulled out and bent in in 2 differnt places on both boards!! ive been building computer for years it looks like somone just grabbed it with plyers and pulled the pin up and over... !@! im so ****ed off right now.. AHHHH!!!! :bang head

u know i thgout about that too and i actually didnt which will probably end up being my downfal in the end, but the gigabyte board is incased in a hard plastic case, ,which doesnt bend, so its not like anything is able to hit the socket even if it wanted too, and the asus board was in the bag with foam and a piece of cardboard over it, the asus i could see arguing about the the gigabyte theres NO WAY anythng could hit the socket.....

S_Wilson said:
Did you put the caps back over the sockets before you sent them to Mwave?

I'm thinking mwave decided to just **** him over. Even if he did cover the socket, it's still his word against their's. They probably get away with this with a lot of people, and just ignore the ones that care enough to make a fuss.

Moral of the story - stick with a reputable reseller.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2089.html

Not the best, not the worse rating. When there's so many other more reputable sites to buy gear from, why bother with a place like mwave? I remember when they first arrived on pricewatch years ago, complete junk. They're bottom feeders.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2121.html

Somehow newegg does 1,000 times the business of mwave and maintains a 9.23 6 month reseller average.

I recommend doing a charge back with your credit card company, and then contact the better business bureau in the county they operate in to report the incident.

Pinky said:
I recommend doing a charge back with your credit card company, and then contact the better business bureau in the county they operate in to report the incident.

yep, get you $$ back through CC and tell mwave they can have their boards back if they pay ship :p

I asked about the socket cover as I have seen this be an issue before and can see where the pins could be damaged in transit if not latched shut and capped.

When it comes to Reseller Ratings, the actual reviews should be read as numbers don't give a full picture since their six month score is above average.

As to Mwave's RMA and customer service, I have no comment about that.

d94 said:
yep, get you $$ back through CC and tell mwave they can have their boards back if they pay ship :p

if i did do that, whats the worse that could happen? i really dont want to get into more headaches than this is, i work over 40+ hours a week and really dont have time or money to deal with this crap, if i can just get the reversal but then who do i send the boards back too? can they sue me in anyway??
sorry i dont know much about that kind of stuff.
thanks

Try this approach (if I may be so bold):

Tell the cc company that the boards arrived defective/"not-what-I-ordered", and that mwave is refusing to exchange them for working units. Don't even mention the RMA with your cc company.

In the meantime the boards are not yours if you do this, so you'll have to send them back out of pocket - but $20 to ship both of them back is worth getting most of your money back. The boards are useless right now. Then, tell everyone who will listen about your experience with this company. There's nothing dishonest about this approach if, indeed, they intentionally broke the boards in order to avoid having to replace them.

S_Wilson, it was after reading the reviews that I posted my last response. Their rating is above average but there are several poor stories in the most recent reviews. The trend for mwave in particular is downward. Their lifetime rating is higher than their 6 month, which means they've been slipping of-late.

Pinky said:
S_Wilson, it was after reading the reviews that I posted my last response. Their rating is above average but there are several poor stories in the most recent reviews. The trend for mwave in particular is downward. Their lifetime rating is higher than their 6 month, which means they've been slipping of-late.

I read back about six months and did not see any RMA issues, mainly order, communication and delivery issues. They seemed to have dropped the ball on a few orders. If you click on the six month bar it will give you a breakdown of the last six months to help get a better overall picture of the trend.

Based on the six month being less than the lifetime, Mwave is about a 1% under lifetime and Newegg is about 1/2% under lifetime does this mean that Newegg is slipping also? No, because if you look at the six month breakdown you will see that Newegg bottomed in November and has steadily climbed since. Mwave appears to be doing better this month than last but that is not enough to say they bottomed and are trending upward. Also, take into consideration that Mwave has 56 reviews in the six month period where Newegg has 881 reviews which makes Mwave's score more volatile than Newegg's.

My point is that there is more to Reseller Ratings than just two numbers and sometimes we should look a little deeper before saying a company is trash.

I am absolutely in no way defending or supporting Mwave and I have no opinion on the motherboards or what happened to them.

S_Wilson said:
My point is that there is more to Reseller Ratings than just two numbers and sometimes we should look a little deeper before saying a company is trash.

I am absolutely in no way defending or supporting Mwave and I have no opinion on the motherboards or what happened to them.

That IS true. Part of my posting is simply experience. As you know, also being an old timer around these parts, there's many undesireable resellers that still function after many years of unsatisfactory service. Mwave amongst a few other names I hear float by from time to time is among them.

As for the downward trend, newegg is .45 points from their lifetime in the last 6 months, and mwave something like .8? It's not a factor of how much of a percent that is of their current rating, since the rating is a score based on 10. .8 point slip out of ten is still much greater than a .45 slip. I'm willing to bet Christmas had some effect on the raw numbers, but reading through the dissatisfied posts it's clear that mwave isn't providing the same degree of services and delivery a company like newegg is. THAT is my point, not whether mwave is percentage points away from a resellerrating bottom. When I see a 7.3 score I think twice before buying. When I see a 9+ score (like newegg's), I don't hesitate. I've purchased goods from smaller resellers just because they had good ratings, and everything went fine.

For the record, I have several positive reviews on resellerratings.com I'll admit that I'm the exception rather than the rule though.

http://www.resellerratings.com/profile.pl?user=53791

mwave rma's seem to suck where shipping is involved, i've done 2 rma's at the mwave physical location and there were no problems. only thing was it took long. aside from that everything got replaced.

i like mwave but i do willcall(pick up) and handle rma's at their location as a walk-in.

newegg is cheaper than mwave on most items but newegg doesn't allow in store pick up.

i ordered that case that was on special for 20.00, nice deal came just fine.
recently ordered a logitech g15 kb, cheapest place on the net by far. i was leary as it stated in stock and i know how some companies are.

well i ordered at 1:30 pm and it was in fed ex hands by 5:00 that same day.

it hasnt arrived yet but i can say that my experiences with them have been good.
ive never had to rma anything with them though.

Back