• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf? virus? file wont delete !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bchur83 said:
What if you hit the Del key on the keyboard? Someone thought they were downloading something good. :p

lmfao good one ;)

have you tried going into propertied and making sure it's not write protected! if it isnt and still wount belete try dos if that fails... use a program like undeltable deleter or something

says invalid shortcut!!
look at the right click thingy totaly gay i cant get onto properties!

also have AVG and have scanned loads :( it says invalid shortcut when i try to use remove@boot or sumthin like dat :( ideas?

noo.JPG

ok i will change but we are adults here and its not as if were being childish about this is it?

Have you tried safe mode rename it file to any single number or letter.

reboot safe mode delete file?

Umm, in your last screen shot, the file opener window has another file in between all the Mp3's. And no, a good amount of the users here are not adults here.

But to try to get rid of your problem, try booting into safe mode and deleting the file from there.

ok can you move the file?

if so make a folder move it there then reboot safe mode delete folder.

Also you could create a new .txt file and name it the same as the file you are tring to delete then put the .txt file with the exact name it the same folder and overwrite.

Edit: try to post a SS of you running processes in task manager.

lol i tried that but windows says the file name is too long when i try to overwrite it !! ideas?

okk fixed¬! i backed up everything in folder then deleted ! :) lesson learnt by all !

willybeef said:
ok i will change but we are adults here and its not as if were being childish about this is it?

No, but "children" do tend to visit the site. And I don't make the rules, I'm just trying to keep you from getting in trouble, that's all.

i understand man !
but i think that in this day and age we cud discuss stuff like that without censorship but.. u know
forums have rules thx anyway for ideas guys

you dont have another pc you can put the hard drive in and try to remove it that way do you?

Back