• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DirectX sound error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

I get a error in when starting up dxdiag.exe. I have rolled back to dx 8.1 from 9.0c and then installed 9.0b and still nada. I have installed the newest nforce drvers 5.10 and that didnt help.

System specs are
NF7-s rev 2.0 with newest NForce drivers
amd xp 2500 oc'd
onboard sound
rest of specs are in sig

Here is the error I get.
Error: Could not get basic sound info., result code = 0x80070057 (Invalid argument(s))

Whats is this and how do I fix it?

Yes I did. ALl i could come up with was bad sound card drivers. But I've used 2 different sets. old Nforce remix 4.17 or something i think and the new ones 510's.

Google didnt really help much tho. Also in dxdiag it says

Several files (ddraw.dll, d3d8.dll, d3dim700.dll) are old versions, which could cause problems.
You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

the 3 files listed with a ! in the yellow triangle are...

ddraw.dll
d3d8.dll
d3dim700.dll

I got newones and put them all in windows/system folder. Still nothing.

There programs that remove any file(s) belonging to an old driver that could cause the system problems. Many people do this when they uninstall a driver ready for the latest version remove your old drivers >> run these programs to make sure all files have been deleted >> install new drivers once done.

Works very well since the only thing I update would be my G.Card but I'm using 81.95 and 5.10 for my motherboard (Which will be 2 years old in September this year).

"Here is the error I get.
Error: Could not get basic sound info., result code = 0x80070057 (Invalid argument(s))"

Sorry to ask you this triveal question but did you enabled "internal sound" in your BIOS??

I fixed it last night. Guess it was a bad DX9 install.

And yes i know what those programs are... Just never heard of them being described as "scrubbers" before.

I have had Directx Erad for a while and used driver cleaner before aswell as others. Good programs.

Thanks guys for the help.

Back