• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scheduling Music?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Hey guys,

I have a quick question...

Is there a program that can schedule playing music? I dont find my loud BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP in the mornings that soothing to wake up too. Now i would find it a lot nicer to wake up to some music of my choice, so is there a program that could do this for me ?

Thanks, ps2cho

Schedule a task in Windows... for example if you want to play a particular track on a CD, open My Computer and expand the CDROM where the CD is. Lets say the track is Track01.cda | Open the Control Panel --> Scheduled Tasks --> Add Scheduled Task | Click 'Next' | Select Windows Media Player from the list and click 'Next' (you can change the name or leave it like it is) | Setup the event task and click 'Next' | Set your time and click 'Next' | Check 'Open advanced properties.....' and click 'Finish'.

Where you see "C:\PROGRA~1\WINDOWS~1\WMPLAYER.EXE", add the song you want to play at the end in quotes... such as:

C:\PROGRA~1\WINDOWS~1\WMPLAYER.EXE "D:\Track01.cda"

If D isn't the drive letter of your CDROM, then change it accordingly.

Back