• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slower boot time ever since BSoD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bballplaya

Registered
Since yesterday when I got a Bsod, my boot time with the windows green bar has gone from 5 loops of the bar to 10. Windows still seems normal, but do I need to reformat to fix this? I already tried defragging.

I got a BSOD that caused my BIOS to change the boot order from CD, HDD to FDD, CD, HDD which caused it to boot about 10-15 seconds longer. I had to go back in and set the FDD to [none]. Go into your BIOS and make sure everything is setup correctly. Speaking of which, how the heck can a BSOD cause my BIOS to change boot order?!

Nexus Realized said:
I got a BSOD that caused my BIOS to change the boot order from CD, HDD to FDD, CD, HDD which caused it to boot about 10-15 seconds longer. I had to go back in and set the FDD to [none]. Go into your BIOS and make sure everything is setup correctly. Speaking of which, how the heck can a BSOD cause my BIOS to change boot order?!

Well it could be that an unstable overclock caused the BSOD, and the motherboard detected the failed overclock and reset the settings to default. Did anything else change?

Alpha_One said:
Well it could be that an unstable overclock caused the BSOD, and the motherboard detected the failed overclock and reset the settings to default. Did anything else change?

Nope, that was the only thing that changed.

Back