• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Web Hosting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

I wanted to get some opinions from some of you about good web hosting companies. Basically I want something for hosting a personal website, but more space than what I would get with a free hosting company like the ones that come with isp's.

So if you guys have any suggestions let me know, thanks.

Google just recently released a free hosting service designed for personal pages. It's probably not the greatest, but I'd check it out. As for web hosting in general, godaddy.com is probably one of the best; I'm not sure if they're hosting plans fit your needs.

Do you have a budget in mind? What are you needs and wants?

I go through 1&1 just cause they had a deal I couldn't pass up a couple of years ago. I don't do much, but they've been great. Always up, fast, fairly easy to use.

I actually have a 1&1 account as well. I got the free 3 year trial. I've used it mostly for hosting and storage, but its very reliable.

I would recommend www.worldfreeweb.com

its free, you get 1 gig of space, 10 mySQL databases, a ton of features. The only problem I have with it is that it is only 85% reliable.

I have both dreamhost and bluehost. Both are very good hosts. I havenn't had problems with either of them. One thing that makes bluehost a bit easier to use is the fact that they use Cpanel. Makes doing admin stuff a bit easier. Dreamhost can get the job done, it just takes some getting used to.

aplus.net

We use aplus.net and they are great with as close to 100% uptime as you can get. We have the SoloXR for our business plan and it gives you 12GB storage and 500GB data transfer per month plus tons of other features including web based control panel, 2 free domain names etc.

Read more about it here:
APlus.net

:)

Hey guys, thankks for the links and suggestions, I will be sure to check them all out. I basically wanted something for a personal website with enough space to eventually host pictures, I dab a little in photography. I was also thinking about posting a small forum just for family access, nothing special.

Thxs again

Another dreamhost fan here too. They usually have some deal for the first year ($10 total for 12 months). Search the cyber deals section, it was posted last month.

1&1 fan here =D

5.99/yr for a domain,
and
2.99/mo, for a Free Domain, 5000MB (five thousand) space, 250GB transfer monthly, 500 2GB emails, and 10 mySQL 100MB databases, daily backup, and choice of Linux/ASP packages. 1and1 is reliable, too.

Pay by the 6 months and no setup fee. 90-day money back.

(Use my referral link? :) )
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=10081433

real people

i would strongly recomend INTAXITY.com and here is why:

They are not a big corporation (I think) and they really surprised me with the fact they actually let me host 2 more websites absolutely for free.

Here is the full stiry: I got the cheapest package with them (like a year ago)and recently emailed them to ask if I can get a discount (kinda silly) if I host another website with them. The guy responded: "hey, thanks for asking - you can host the 2nd one for free - do you want me to add it to the existing account or wanna open a new one at no charge?"... :santa2: I felt bad, and said, no let me at least pay for one more and have 3 for the price of 2. The guy said - no need - you can have 3 if you need 3.. :)

i don't remember any other service i've ever used, to make me so happy that I contacted them.

intaxity too uses CPanel, so it's easy to use and all. :welcome:

Back