• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to stop password requests on shard folders.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

How do i do it in Windows Server 2K3? Everytime i have a shared folder and i try to open it it asks for a user and pass, how can i do it so its like normal windows XP sharing? Also when i try to access the computer from the workgroup computers it does the same thing. How do i disable this?

OMG, I had this problem on my win XP rigs DROVE ME F****** BATS*** no one could help. I finally figured out that Norton Systemworks 2003 was screwing things up, I had to reinstall windows on all three of my computers AT THE SAME TIME before the problem went away permanently. I use systemworks 2005 now and it doesn't do this

I am having the same problem and it has nothing to do with systemworks, as I don't have systemworks installed on ws2k3 rig, or any anti-virus software for that matter. I have tried giving everyone access to the folder, but it still asks.. :(

edit: before someone starts screaming piracy, piracy, everytime someone mentions running server software. they do have 180 day free trials.

i know how i think. Its under The shared options. its called permissions. You have to add the user name to it. I am able to share my program files over the network now, when before it would ask for a password when there was no password

How would i add myself? And where? All i get in permissions is EVERYONE group and the permissions you can check.

start your computer, goto My Network Places, head to the folder you dont want to enter the password with. Open that folder, now close it, right click on My Network Places, and Map Network Drive, once again find the location, and click "Reconnect at Login".

Since it is a server, you should have user accounts for all of your machines that are connecting to it. If you dont, go into admin tools and add the users. Then go to your shares and give them their permissions to the folders. Make sure if you are using pass through authentication, that the username and password on the server match the username and password on the machine, or else you will have to enter your login password each time you turn on your computer and connect to the server. Otherwise, you can use Active Directory and set the machines to log onto the domain. This will require XP Pro or Win2k. Not XP Home. This will make all shares that you have access to, authenticate during initial logon.

Back